• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney Colts - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
That's a pity. It's not a particularly difficult concept. In fact it's just another box next to the players name on the team sheet and match result webpage.

Oh well perhaps that's another item to bring up at the "Colts specific - All clubs planning meeting" to be held later this year to address current issues and emerging issues in the premier colts competition.

Current agenda...

1. Inconsistencies in the PP points system.
  2. Referee MOM / player points and season awards
  3. Promoting a quality Premier colts match day experience
  4. Club Collegiality and competition building
  5. Weekly system for Referee appraisal & feedback
  6. Unified club pre season calendars for competition building
Yes I know I'm dreaming....

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
In your spare time HJ. :)
Got a spreadsheet with a stack of links and calculations that does all the work now.

Paste the team sheets into it copied from the NSW Website, and in no time at all, the various stats are produced, ready to bore the pants of fellow Gaggerlanders.

Might give the Grade Score sheets a run through the Jarsometer one day (in my spare time).

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Got a spreadsheet with a stack of links and calculations that does all the work now.

Paste the team sheets into it copied from the NSW Website, and in no time at all, the various stats are produced, ready to bore the pants of fellow Gaggerlanders.

Might give the Grade Score sheets a run through the Jarsometer one day (in my spare time).
looked on ebay... could not find a jarsometer. where would one buy one?

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Tips for this round? I'll risk derision and kick off...
Uni too strong for Gordon
Easts too much for Penrith
Parra V Eastood arm wrestle. Parra has injuries but at home. Eastwood...Just.
Based on last week, Randwick to beat Souths
Despite last week, Manly over Norths but not much in it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^ Pretty much agree except that the Wicks may be on the receiving end of a Hobbits backlash from last weeks poor showing. There is a lot of class in both teams, but I have the Hobbits to get home in a close one.

Marlins v Norths to be game of the round.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
^^ Pretty much agree except that the Wicks may be on the receiving end of a Hobbits backlash from last weeks poor showing. There is a lot of class in both teams, but I have the Hobbits to get home in a close one.

Marlins v Norths to be game of the round.
Although for a contest built on mutual dislike the Two Blues V Woodies Match will be a beauty.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Uni at Home to Gordon. I will be there. You going Butts?
Look for Uni to get their defense sorted, to make better choices (I hope) and to be patient in attack. Christian K has been selected for 2nd Grade - I predict pain for Gordon as he plays out of his skin to get back into 1's.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Manly v norths in all 3 will be tight - after last week, hard to go past norths.
Uni to come out firing in both, and after some soul searching, and a good blast, gordon to feel uni's retribution from last week.
Randwick v souths will also be a cracker in all 3 - looking forward to this one - but souths for me.
Eastwood too good for parra and easts too good for penrith (seconds may be close).

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
Uni at Home to Gordon. I will be there. You going Butts?
Look for Uni to get their defense sorted, to make better choices (I hope) and to be patient in attack. Christian K has been selected for 2nd Grade - I predict pain for Gordon as he plays out of his skin to get back into 1's.

I'll be there 'coulda'. I will be the silly old buggar running up and down taking photos. The Staggies are starting to "get to know each other" and may have a surprise or two in store.

Not too sure about a win :D But they never give up and have a lot of guts to keep showing up each week and putting in their best. And that's all we can ask for such a young team.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Round 7 Results Summary

First Grade - W. McMahon Memorial Shield
Parramatta 28 Eastwood 41
Manly 64 Northern Suburbs 24
Sydney University 58 Gordon 33
Eastern Suburbs 71 v Penrith 5
Southern Districts 30 Randwick 27
Warringah 26 West Harbour 29

Second Grade - Shell Trophy
Parramatta 15 Eastwood 26
Manly 12 Northern Suburbs 34
Sydney University 74 Gordon 7
Eastern Suburbs 24 v Penrith 26
Southern Districts 18 Randwick 34
Warringah 19 West Harbour 17

Third Grade - Bill Simpson Shield
Parramatta 12 Eastwood 33
Manly 5 Northern Suburbs 43
Sydney University v The Bye
Eastern Suburbs v The Bye
Southern Districts 21 Randwick 5
Warringah 22 West Harbour 19

Next Week
West Harbour v Southern Districts
Randwick v Parramatta
Eastwood v Eastern Suburbs
Penrith v Sydney University
Gordon v Manly
Warringah v Northern Suburbs

Edit: Thanks @Cattledog for the score update.

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
Cudos to Penrith colts.
Story relayed to me, so only repeating it 3rd hand.
Apparently a number of the Penrith players also play junior league reps, today was their finals . Usually they play on Sunday.
Consequently Penrith were short of numbers, they played 2nds colts and I think they won, basically the same team then turned around and played 1st colts and were flogged.
When the Penrith coaches explained the situation re the league players, they were asked why didn't you forfeit 2nds.
Their response was they didn't want to let down the Easts players.
Instead they travelled all the way the Wolhara to play two games with one team.
Well done!

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Cudos to Penrith colts.
Story relayed to me, so only repeating it 3rd hand.
Apparently a number of the Penrith players also play junior league reps, today was their finals . Usually they play on Sunday.
Consequently Penrith were short of numbers, they played 2nds colts and I think they won, basically the same team then turned around and played 1st colts and were flogged.
When the Penrith coaches explained the situation re the league players, they were asked why didn't you forfeit 2nds.
Their response was they didn't want to let down the Easts players.
Instead they travelled all the way the Wolhara to play two games with one team.
Well done!

If your info is correct Juicy Cetacean then "I tips 'me lid" to the mountain boys and their organisation! :)

Cheers, Wreckless

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
Round 7 Penrith vs Easts

Colts 2 Penrith 26 def Easts 24
Colts 1 Easts 70 def Penrith 5

Yes the above is true. The PDJRL decided have no matches on Mother's Day and as such we had 6 -8 unavailable. On top of that the finals of SG Ball & Harold Mats cost us another 2 or 3. Then a couple of boys were involved in a Polynesian dance troupe which was asked to perform yesterday too. Add to that our normal week to week injuries and we were down to 24 from our normal 34 - 36.

So we decided to win seconds, man The f..k up in 1sts, and have a great bus trip home. The lads played well in colts 2 and at one stage led 26 - 5 before Easts came back strongly.

The matches were played in excellent spirit and the only dark cloud was a straight red card given to an Easts player in the first 10 mins of colts 2. IMHO this was Totally unintentional but the Penrith player ended up with his toes pointing skyward before crashing back to earth. Thankfully unharmed he bounced back to his his feet and the players did not react as they seemed more shocked than anything else. However, given the extremely dangerous position of the Penrith lad the ref had no option but to produce the red card.

No yellows for either team on the day (I'm led to believe) and what a nice bloke Paulie from Easts is!

Hopefully now the end of the rep RL season (and dance season) will see an influx of players into Penrith colts for the remainder of the year. As a coach I couldn't be happier with the ticka shown by the lads yesterday. 'Twas a good bus trip home too!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
<snip> what a nice bloke Paulie from Easts is!
<snip>

Paulie was forced into early retirement due to injuries. The loss to the Beasties playing roster has been Coaching's gain.

Much of the Beastie Colts performances can be put down to Paulie's influence.

There are no high profile recruits or rock stars in their roster yet they seem to be consistently punching above their weight class.

Status
Not open for further replies.