• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby T-T Rd2: Hurricanes v Rebels

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
fair play.
For the record here is the win %

Crusaders
70%
Brumbies
58%
Hurricanes
57%
Chiefs
53%
Stormers
52%
NSW Waratahs
52%
Blues
51%
Sharks
51%
Jaguares
49%
Highlanders
48%
Bulls
47%
Reds
44%
Lions
42%
Rebels
33%
Cheetahs
32%
Force
31%
Cats
26%
Kings
24%
Sunwolves
13%

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The quality of the Canes play was absolutely shocking. Barely professional. But then, the Rebels (and the ref) were even worse.

And yet you still refuse to see the disparity between Aus and NZ. One day you'll see that I'm not just a surrender monkey, one day.
In fairness the rebels need to improve for oz domestic comp as well as they have been hard watching this season. At least tahs improved (from lower base). I reckon rebels will be wooden spoon candidates for next season unless serious change as more confident nswru / tahs have more resources to draw on to improve.

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)

Crusaders
70%
Brumbies
58%
Hurricanes
57%
Chiefs
53%
Stormers
52%
NSW Waratahs
52%
Blues
51%
Sharks
51%
Jaguares
49%
Highlanders
48%
Bulls
47%
Reds
44%
Lions
42%
Rebels
33%
Cheetahs
32%
Force
31%
Cats
26%
Kings
24%
Sunwolves
13%
Any stat on wins more than 2 years old is garbage.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

Crusaders
70%
Brumbies
58%
Hurricanes
57%
Chiefs
53%
Stormers
52%
NSW Waratahs
52%
Blues
51%
Sharks
51%
Jaguares
49%
Highlanders
48%
Bulls
47%
Reds
44%
Lions
42%
Rebels
33%
Cheetahs
32%
Force
31%
Cats
26%
Kings
24%
Sunwolves
13%
Brumbies second on that list - I have said before that I really admire for the ACT popn size they represent, they punch way above their weight and have nothing but admiration for their ability to identify and develop the factory line of quality talent they produce. A model other oz franchises should seek to replicate.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The quality of the Canes play was absolutely shocking. Barely professional. But then, the Rebels (and the ref) were even worse.

And yet you still refuse to see the disparity between Aus and NZ. One day you'll see that I'm not just a surrender monkey, one day.

Sorry mate, I a Canes man and I never say the Canes can't win a game against the Crusaders, because I believe they can beat them if they go right, because I not surrender monkey! Rebels couldn't possibly beat Brumbies or Reds going by your way, so I guess you will want them tp not play them!! You bloody surrener monkey!!!!:D:p

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Sorry mate, I a Canes man and I never say the Canes can't win a game against the Crusaders, because I believe they can beat them if they go right, because I not surrender monkey! Rebels couldn't possibly beat Brumbies or Reds going by your way, so I guess you will want them tp not play them!! You bloody surrener monkey!!!!:D:p

I didn't understand this.

If you think i don't want the Aussies playing the Kiwis, then yeah. Pretty much.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Our teams will get there .

The Force, who were thought of as also rans, were a kick away from beating the team that finished second in NZ.

The Brumbies got close in Christchurch, which is more than you can say about a lot of good rugby teams.

Sadly the Reds were shit , but that’s a look in the mirror kind of thing . Hopefully make amends tomorrow night.

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
Carter Gordon looks good.
Is that scarcasm? I'll give him some leeway as it's his first real game, but all he did was shuffle it on and way too many passes were behind the player forcing them to slow or stop. Maybe he got a bit shy after that intercept, but he was too deep. Long passes to wings facing several players, something we have been rightly critical of this year from MTi am hoping he can learn and grow into the role and he will need to against better opposition. ( How is this giving him some slack, I'm prepared to give him another go to see if he learns something)

I was unimpressed with the rebels attack almost all night. First try was about the only time there was forwards running hard at the line from deep, giving us a short option that made good meters and was followed with support. Mostly we received the ball deep and static. No wrap around at all to beat the rush.

The hurricanes defence was not good as evidenced by how many metres we could make in the tackle, even off a standing start. The Rebels attack is the most predictable in the comp.

Time and time again commentators say that rebels opposition has good defence but in reality we make it very easy.Hopefully we can get a good attack coach to teach these blokes how to earn the right to go wide and set up a few deceptive moves.

Rant over.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
No, I don't care if you don't want to play our teams, but to use the excuse that Aus teams not good enough is wrong!
Actually Dan there is a gap sizeable enough that warrants concern..as our RA CEO mentioning need for sides to consider imports in the last week reflects that. I think it is silly to pretend that nothing needs to be done to address this gap. Happy to hear ideas but if they are about reducing oz footprint to accomodate kiwi interests we ain’t interested. Sure some sides can compete (and maybe gap closed a little) but the gap is still wide enough that it does need to close and happy to hear others ideas how it can be done (another kiwi side maybe?). Certain Posters on here need to stop attacking people who state the obvious as even RA’s CEO is agreeing we need to look at options to improve our competitiveness and frankly it is getting tiring when results show the gap is an issue (overall for our 5 teams).

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Carter Gordon looks good.

I notice some other are critical of him, but considering it his first game its the most attacking I have seen the Rebels all season. I would persist with him. If nothing else it highlighted how badly they need a 10!

That 9, 11, 13, 14, 15 combination looked like the most attacking and functional combination I have seen at the Rebels in awhile. To'omua looked good at 12 in that line up. Now they just needed to be less forward dominated in their game plan and they could be pretty competitive pretty soon.

Or at least give the Force a run!:p