• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Round 5 2018 - Brumbies vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Lots of changes for the Brumbies.

DYSzBGxU8AIxj8c.jpg:large

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Because Ala'alatoa wasn't hard enough to learn they've cracked out ol' Leiluaialii-makin

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting team, but a lot of those players deserve to be there on their form in the NRC and pre-season..........

I would've thought they might shift Banks to the wing with Muirhead starting though as that would have a better balance.

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
I suppose changes had to be made but I don’t think Banks at the back was the issue. He’s been one of the better backs and really hasn’t had much time to develop in a role that he is touted to be a future Wallaby in. Hope Muirhead has a cracker.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Am happy to see Muirhead get a chance at 15. I think he's been in better form this year than Banks, but I also have a hankering to see Tom at 13 to giove Tevita a much needed kick up the rear to get him back to his best.

Ironically, the backrow is the weakest part of the team, and that was meant to be one of the strengths this year. Without Pocock and Valetini, it has gone quite a bit pear-shaped.

Verity-Am must also be getting close to a game, but hopefully Lausi and Henry can get some chances to finish off a few good attacking moves this week. The inside backs should challenge the defense a bit more than in recent games. Goal kicking will again have an impact. Sharks can be expected to excel, while Christian and Hawera are both a bit hit-and-miss.

Reactions: mst

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Good to see Dargaville on the bench.. I think his got alot of upsides. Probably issue being he isn't as quick or as big but the final last year before he was injured was our best player..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Am happy to see Muirhead get a chance at 15. I think he's been in better form this year than Banks, but I also have a hankering to see Tom at 13 to giove Tevita a much needed kick up the rear to get him back to his best.

Ironically, the backrow is the weakest part of the team, and that was meant to be one of the strengths this year. Without Pocock and Valetini, it has gone quite a bit pear-shaped.

Verity-Am must also be getting close to a game, but hopefully Lausi and Henry can get some chances to finish off a few good attacking moves this week. The inside backs should challenge the defense a bit more than in recent games. Goal kicking will again have an impact. Sharks can be expected to excel, while Christian and Hawera are both a bit hit-and-miss.
Christian was probably the best kicker in Oz at one point.. I'd bank on him coming good give him time

whitefalcon

Alex Ross (28)
Christian was probably the best kicker in Oz at one point.. I'd bank on him coming good give him time

In 2013 I think he was hitting the high 80% for conversions. I dont think his kicking has ever been quite the same after he had that ankle injury (in 2014)

dru

David Wilson (68)
Sharks tackling high and creating mauls rather than tackles. Several already.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Second dodgy scrum penalty, this time against Brumbies. Both times against the feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.