• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby round 4 - Waratahs vs Force - Sunday 13 March 2pm @ Leichhardt Oval

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1646799117078.png

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm getting a bit worried about Lachie Swinton. I hope he hasn't done something really serious after being out injured with a "concussed nerve" in his shoulder.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thrush, Kuenzle and Ready return for the Force:

FORCE (1-15): Tom Robertson, Feleti Kaitu'u, Santiago Medrano, Jeremy Thrush, Izack Rodda, Fergus Lee-Warner, Ollie Callan, Tim Anstee, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Reesjan Pasitoa, Manasa Mataele, Bayley Kuenzle, Kyle Godwin, Toni Pulu, Jake Strachan

RESERVES: Andrew Ready, Harry Lloyd, Greg Holmes, Jackson Pugh, Brynard Stander, Ian Prior, Jake McIntyre, Richard Kahui

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Very interested to see how these teams go against each other. Should be a good judge of where each team sits after they both look to have improved on last year. A win here could also end up being the difference between making the 8 and not for these sides.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Overall, great to see such consistency in the Tahs team, it's been a while since that's been the case. Excited to see how the Donaldson-Harrison 10-15 axis works out as a starting combo. I wonder how Jamie Roberts feels about being dropped for Mark N (Nawaqanitawase)?

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Great locking combo, lineout should be a strength. Need a big game from Mataele, he wasn't brought in just to be good we need some spectacular runs and trys. Think a day game might suit him better, still looks to be carrying a few kilos too many. Kuenzle hopefully back for consecutive games, he needs to cement his spot and fulfil his promise. The tough part now is having to wait till Sunday.

Alex Ross (28)
Overall, great to see such consistency in the Tahs team, it's been a while since that's been the case. Excited to see how the Donaldson-Harrison 10-15 axis works out as a starting combo. I wonder how Jamie Roberts feels about being dropped for Mark N (Nawaqanitawase)?
I’m not questioning his impact in the Squad. But Roberts is yet to show much on the field

Alex Ross (28)
Great locking combo, lineout should be a strength. Need a big game from Mataele, he wasn't brought in just to be good we need some spectacular runs and trys. Think a day game might suit him better, still looks to be carrying a few kilos too many. Kuenzle hopefully back for consecutive games, he needs to cement his spot and fulfil his promise. The tough part now is having to wait till Sunday.
I agree. Mataele doesn’t look fit

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Thrush, Kuenzle and Ready return for the Force:

FORCE (1-15): Tom Robertson, Feleti Kaitu'u, Santiago Medrano, Jeremy Thrush, Izack Rodda, Fergus Lee-Warner, Ollie Callan, Tim Anstee, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Reesjan Pasitoa, Manasa Mataele, Bayley Kuenzle, Kyle Godwin, Toni Pulu, Jake Strachan

RESERVES: Andrew Ready, Harry Lloyd, Greg Holmes, Jackson Pugh, Brynard Stander, Ian Prior, Jake McIntyre, Richard Kahui
No doubt Ready will be relieved/excited to get another crack.

Probably had a few drinks to celebrate.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I’m not questioning his impact in the Squad. But Roberts is yet to show much on the field
You’re right. I think he’s come on in situations when we needed a game breaker. Which he isn’t. He’s more of a steadying influence. If we were up by 7 instead of down by the same amount, his experience might get us across the line.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
I wonder how Jamie Roberts feels about being dropped for Mark N (Nawaqanitawase)?
According highlights he was on fire against Brumbies runners. He's a young Aussie talent who needs game time at this level and you have to take advantage of the moments of players (Like Turner as starter after good preseason's performances) So I dont care what Roberts feels right now

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
I agree. Mataele doesn’t look fit
It's his type of body. He never looked fit, even when he played for Saders. He always looks like a prop, probably he could be fitter but he never will look like Sonny Bill Williams

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)
I like the balance with fergus back at 6, we should not lose a lineout this week and hopefully steal a few.

The force have a great chance to really push for finals now, we have tahs and fiji back to back in NSW and then 5 of the next 6 at home so a pretty good run into the NZ crossover games

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's hard to fit Roberts in if we're only picking 2 back reserves. He's effectively a 12 and nothing else.

While you could have Perese covering the back 3 from 13 (by being able to move to the wing) I also don't think you want your best back being pushed further out in the event of an injury (to a winger, fullback or 10).