• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Round 11, Stormers v Rebels - Friday 27th April @11:05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Can we send Timani to europe already, the biggest wasted potential in Aus rugby. Someone his size should not have such little impact in a game.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Can we send Timani to europe already, the biggest wasted potential in Aus rugby. Someone his size should not have such little impact in a game.

KevinO Timani had a brilliant season a couple of seasons ago but hasn't done much since.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think Timanis had a great game - he makes impactful clean outs and tackles. Hard to notice but really momentum stopping stuff.

Could Rangi give away any more penalties if he tried?

Forwards are having a shocker. Scrum and lineout utterly non existent.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
The difference Parling makes, such composure under pressure and the rucks making sure we get into position and retain the ball.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Rangi has simply got to go. 2 or 3 not straights, a high tackle, off his feet at the breakdown.

The guys given away up to 5 penalties by himself alone.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Rangi has simply got to go. 2 or 3 not straights, a high tackle, off his feet at the breakdown.

The guys given away up to 5 penalties by himself alone.

And Hanson was let leave so he could move to Melbourne. One of the many fuck ups from Force being cut.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Problem at the moment is we don't have many other hooking options at the moment with Uelese injured and Vailanu in Sydney and we have Malolo on the bench.

Yes letting Hanson go not the best idea.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Obviously I'm extremely biased but thought Sa'aga had a blinder. Had a full forty minutes, carried very well, defended the rucks, even had a few deft offloads and most importantly shored up the scrums. Unfortunate knock on at the end and I think he conceded a penalty as well in the scrum for collapsing at one stage.

But for a young prop coming off the bench he did great - give him a start next week.

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
Having seen English at outside centre a few times now I'd much rather see him on the wing, ahead of Koro and Sefa at the moment.

unfortunately I'm not sure we have a good outside centre.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Having seen English at outside centre a few times now I'd much rather see him on the wing, ahead of Koro and Sefa at the moment.

unfortunately I'm not sure we have a good outside centre.

Really? I wasn't too taken with English today, thought Sefa definitely had the edge on him.

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
That's my point. English was at centre and I haven't been impressed with him there. Sefa did very little today and let's be honest, anybody could have scored those tries. When English went to the wing against the bulls he made good meters several times with twists and side steps. Sefa only tries to run over the top of the defender this year and it doesn't work for him.

I'd love Sefa to get back to his near unstoppable best but this year he hasn't looked that interested to me.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I’m thinking our best team might be (full strength)

Faulkner
Uelese
Talakai
Parling
Coleman
Cottrell
Fainga'a
Mafi
Genia
Debreczini
Koroibete
Meakes
Hodge
Naivalu
DHP

Rangi
Sa’aga
Ainsley
Phillip
Hardwick
Timani
Ruru
Maddocks

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
If nothing else, I think JD has looked really good tonight. Getting better every game.

Yep one of the few positives is JD. Koribete needs to learn how to inject himself into the game more as seems to be largely unsighted. So many other players could comment on but reality is as a team they are not enjoyable to watch at the moment.

I have resorted to now taping games so can fast forward when gets too painful which Rebels vs Stormers game qualified for. Had considered cancelling my Foxtel subscription but will reconsider at end of the season.

There was just no fluidity about the Rebels games and constant turnover and areas and to be frank their attack was so uninspiring. Full of talented individuals but a talented team they are not. All the claims that Dave Wessels should be next Wallaby coach shown to so premature as needs to show he can turn this Rebels rabble into a decent footy team as they won't grow their Melbourne supporter base with the sort of rubbish performances they have delivered over the last month.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Back to the photo of the backline boys. Why does it appear that those in the front row have their arms tied behind their backs (Koriobete aside)? Is it some sort of message about their roles and the game plans being followed?

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
The difference Parling makes, such composure under pressure and the rucks making sure we get into position and retain the ball.

Seriously, if Parling is not starting Wessels needs his head read. And WTF is the logic behind the exit strategy the Rebels use? They basically give the ball back to the opposition on the halfway line. Dumb against any side but insane against kiwi sides. You've got 2 blokes with massive boots on them but they put up high balls from inside their 22 with nobody close enough to contest the ball and then have to defend for the next however many phases their opposition can put together. Either kick the fucka out or thump it as far downfield as you can, not rocket science.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
It's bewildering RL, but also prevalent at other Aussie franchises as well. Every box kick by the Brumbies that stayed in field was a simple turnover of possession as the chase just didn't contest for the ball. Powell actually put a couple of them nicely into touch and made more ground than the line kickers did with full arm penalties. That is another pet hate of mine. Why can Saffas and NZers make 25 - 40 metres with their line kicks while our kickers make 15 - 25 metres, sometimes less?

Status
Not open for further replies.