• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Round 11, Stormers v Rebels - Friday 27th April @11:05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Tough game for the Rebels. HOPE they get the win but ???

Started the season so well but the wheels are going in all directions now.

The way it is going they may come bottom of the Aussie conference,

Tahs will win it (although they have plenty of losses coming), Brums and Reds neck and neck for second and third.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)

Tahs will win it (although they have plenty of losses coming), Brums and Reds neck and neck for second and third.

1) Sunwolves will come bottom of the Aussie conference.
2) Both the Reds and Brumbies need two more wins before they even over take the Rebels. so half way through the season I will go with only 1 overtaking the Rebels.

We have the most favorable draw after the Crusaders we go, bye, Brumibes, Sunwolves, Blues, Tahs and Reds before finishing the season with the Highlanders.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)

Ah no, we wont be bottom of the Aussie conference. We will be in the top two and that may be enough to make the finals imho

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
2) Both the Reds and Brumbies need two more wins before they even over take the Rebels. so half way through the season I will go with only 1 overtaking the Rebels.

We have the most favorable draw after the Crusaders we go, bye, Brumibes, Sunwolves, Blues, Tahs and Reds before finishing the season with the Highlanders.

Sorry - I forgot about Sunwolves

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

However when you lose to the Saders, Brumbies, Sunwolves, Blues, Tahs, Reds and Highlanders you might be closer to the bottom, but above the Sunwolves.:)

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Jags game i have a suspicion will haunt us. We basically gave them the win instead of them earn it, even the extra bonus point for the draw could be the dif to finals spot or not

Of the remaining games i'd be happy with the following

Wins - Sunwolves and Tahs (both at home) plus 1 win from either Reds or Brums away
2 losing bonus points from a combination of Saders, Blues, Bulls and Highlanders.

That'd take the team to around 37-40 points which should be roughly enough to squeeze into the 8.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
The Jags game i have a suspicion will haunt us. We basically gave them the win instead of them earn it, even the extra bonus point for the draw could be the dif to finals spot or not

Of the remaining games i'd be happy with the following

Wins - Sunwolves and Tahs (both at home) plus 1 win from either Reds or Brums away
2 losing bonus points from a combination of Saders, Blues, Bulls and Highlanders.

That'd take the team to around 37-40 points which should be roughly enough to squeeze into the 8.

yep agree. Since we play the same opponents as the Tahs at this point the difference between first and second in the AUssie conference will be the game we play each other

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Well, this doesn’t look good. Maddocks in a moonboot. I HOPE to fucking Christ it’s just a precaution, or even a prop for the photo. Don’t know who’s we rotate back to FB to cover - probably English.

7343788ab2b2f315f431acde27954038.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
No joke. maddocks has been carrying an ankle injury for weeks. It seems to have finally caught up with him. adams to FB or Jack D ?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
No joke. maddocks has been carrying an ankle injury for weeks. It seems to have finally caught up with him. adams to FB or Jack D ?

Even Hodge. Tom to OC, Tupou or Sefa to the Wing. Lots of ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Adams to start on the bench, so presumably Hodge to FB and Sefa or Tupou to the wing with English to OC.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
That was a very casual take by Hodge from the kickoff

Stormers discipline poor early. Hope they keep that up

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Work so hard to get the ball and than force a offload that they intercept. Take it into contact and keep it for a while

AFL_Converted

Charlie Fox (21)
Work so hard to get the ball and than force a offload that they intercept. Take it into contact and keep it for a while
Yeah, I won't be heartbroken if they give up on these offloads. It's causing more turnovers than any part if our game...except for scrums in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.