• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Rnd 4 Reds v Drua, Suncorp Satdium 12/3 @ 6:45pm AEST

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Should have been at 15 where we could use someone in cover.

gee Dru, you’re really taking exception over this topic aren’t you.

Petaia was in the attacking line because it was Reds ball, Campbell does exactly same positioning in attack.

You can’t blame Petaia for Campbell dropping the ball into Druas hands

dru

Tim Horan (67)
gee Dru, you’re really taking exception over this topic aren’t you.

Petaia was in the attacking line because it was Reds ball, Campbell does exactly same positioning in attack.

You can’t blame Petaia for Campbell dropping the ball into Druas hands

I've actually been intentionally quiet on Petaia throughout the match. Just broke when his lapses are ignored but we'll drop on Jock. It's inconsistent.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
I've actually been intentionally quiet on Petaia throughout the match. Just broke when his lapses are ignored but we'll drop on Jock. It's inconsistent.
Seriously? Jock dropped the ball which lead directly to a try, I haven’t mentioned Petaia at all this match.

There’s nothing inconsistent about it, you’re just carrying on the disagreement from yesterday.

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
The Drua fall short after giving the Reds an all mighty wake up call. Will be a tough challenge for the Force next week.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So it's going to come up so let me run through Petaia's positives.

He played a Petaia game and did it effectively from 15. I was worried that we'd lose Jock's organisation at the back and there was no evidence of that tonight at all. A Petaia game is a fantastic thing, and if he is going to do it from 15 then no doubt that is what we will do.

Three Fiji tries were scored with no 15 D in evidence from the Reds. The first he was possibly injured. And we can cover the cover D by other means.

His kicking was rubbish, along with when he didn't kick. I guess we can work on it. The biggest lapses were certainly early, and we can put it down to gaining familiarisation in the role. He also made one sensational cover D tackle that would make any 15 green. The bloke has talent and will do it at 15 as well as from anywhere else. He scored a brilliant try.

We can call it a brilliant introduction to the 15 role.

[This does not make me feel any happier for Jock.]

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Thorne reacting positively to commentator thoughts that Flook, Petaia, Jock being a good back three. A balanced back three.

Interesting. Certainly each has talent in spades.