• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 6 Stormers vs Reds Sun 25th 2.15 AEDST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Fuck. Good effort Reds. Hold your heads up lads. Head home and enjoy the week off. Rebuild and fucking go again.

Good result to get a win and a BP.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
25-19 to the Stormers, deserved winners. Victory was a definite reality for the Reds, but Stormers' defence and line speed was just too good.

Good game to watch though, hope y'all enjoyed staying up for it.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
25-19 to the Stormers, deserved winners. Victory was a definite reality for the Reds, but Stormers' defence and line speed was just too good.

Good game to watch though, hope y'all enjoyed staying up for it.
Yes summed up well as Stormers line speed and defence was very good. I did not really sight Duncan P do anything of note so not sure if his return to 12 was a outcome here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I have not seen the game. But all the signs are that the Reds are coming back, and it is all down to Thorn's coaching and particularly his man management.

The problems the team had getting to their final destination would have given most teams an excuse to have a bad day at the office. Not these boys, not this coach.

Well done, Reds, all of us (I hope) are proud of you.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
My god Lucas’s passing was woeful. It further compounded the Stormers quick line speed.

Good overall effort. Timu has another good game, bar that missed tackle at the end almost resulting in a try.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
At the start of the OS tour, if you were offered a win and a bonus point loss you’d have taken it with open arms.

But I am a bit disappointed with that result.

The Stormers were pretty good and the Reds showed plenty of heart, but at the same time I felt that they robbed themselves of the chance to win.

The missed tackle count was too high and Kerevi in particular seemed to miss a couple of very makable 1 on 1s. We had a couple of sloppy passages of dropped ball and we gave away a couple of poor penalties. Topou is going to need to watch his technique and I expect he might have a case to answer on his first half tackle.

I don’t want to be too harsh - to fight back from where they were at the end of the week was a pretty good effort. I’m sure they’re looking forward to refreshing the batteries.

Edit : gee Daugunu looks the goods though. And agree with the comment above about Timu - bad miss at the end but otherwise looks very good.

T

TOCC

My god Lucas’s passing was woeful. It further compounded the Stormers quick line speed.

Good overall effort. Timu has another good game, bar that missed tackle at the end almost resulting in a try.

Ben Lucas isn't a halfback, I don't care what number he is wearing on his back.. Thats why im sure there had to be an issue with Tuttle, he has flaws but his passing is spot on

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Just watching the game now. Whatever the formula is that makes our players stick together and play with such heart, we have to call in the scientists and somehow bottle it for future years.

This is a tough road trip and I think it has cemented the team together for the rest of the season

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

My take..

Stormers line-speed really shook the Reds, they tried kicks in behind which was the right intent, but it was poorly executed by both Lance and Paia'aua. Reds tried to play the game in the Stormers half but were losing in the kicking battle, they don't have the length in their kicks like the Stormers do. In attacks the space was there in the defensive line but the Reds needed to run some more unders and inside lines rather then trying to send it wide for overs, they did later on and thats how Daugunu got his try, but too little too late.

Scrum, yep its not all about power and brute force, the Stormers played it smart and exposed the Reds technique, another Ref another day might have ruled differently but the Reds scrum need to learn to adjust to plan B, if the is calling the players out for leaning too far in then they need to adjust. Smart work by the Stormers, Reds now have a bye to work on that, because you know opposition teams would have taken note.

However, that was a pretty good bloody effort from the Reds given the week they've had with travel and following a few energy sapping games, their fitness and energy levels didn't fade later in the match like I thought they would, they came home stronger then the Stormers which was a surprise. That bodes well for the rest of the season, I think there was a fair bit of 'character building' to take from that game.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I like that after the game, the Reds looked shattered they lost. No smiles and joking around with the opposition like I have seen and previous years.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
Very brave by the Reds, didn’t stop trying. Stormers fluffed a couple of chances and almost blew that in the end.

Daugunu’s try was a belter! Remarkable to see a 100m effort at the end of the game.

Thought Tupou could have been subbed earlier. He couldn’t adjust to the refs requirements and his defensive technique is in need of refinement. Korzyck, Rodda and Timu were very good in the pack.

Top stuff Reds, now have a well earned break.

Dare I say the young 10 for the Stormers had a bit of Quade about him in attack, and is there a more one eyed commentator than the South African guy who was calling for cards etc.. all night? I think he actually influenced a TMO call ( which was indeed right) but most of his commentary was just plain biased gibberish.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Thought Tupou could have been subbed earlier. He couldn’t adjust to the refs requirements and his defensive technique is in need of refinement.

He might get a few weeks to work on it by himself since he's been cited for this....

Thor.gif

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
How that final maul wasn't a penalty against the stormers has me stuffed. The spun it and sacked it at the back, clearly.

Reactions: TSR
Status
Not open for further replies.