• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby R4 Reds v Blues

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Just got back from the game - credit to the blues who dominated the collisions and had us on the back foot.
Thought the turning point was the tackle in the air penalty at the 25min mark. Resulted in a 5m lineout, rolling maul, yellow card and two tries whilst down to 14 men. Game over.
Looked like a legit competition for the ball real time at the ground.
What was take on tv/replays? Haven’t seen any comments here so presuming it was worse than it looked real time

Didn't seem to have eyes for the ball or reach for it. Also didn't seem to cause the knock on or put the other player in danger.

Honestly, who the fuck knows anymore? The only reason Daugunu scored that try in the second half was because the Blues players refused to compete for it, presumably out of fear for a yellow. Who the fuck knows what the rules are anymore.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Stewart looked better at 10 tonight, less pressure to run it.
I think Stewart proved tonight he can be adequate 10 cover if JOC (James O'Connor) out which was pleasing. So great to see Reds build depth in backs and forwards as also thought Wallis was good tonight.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Turning point was Nasser coming on. What a lemon. I blame BPA for the shit card a d the reason Nasser was on to let in the try.
Yeh 2 tries while BPA was in the sin bin which effectively saw reds then chasing the match - that yellow card and 10 minutes following it was the game changer

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Stewart at 10 was a big ask after seasons doing a different job. He was shakey and with the usual Kiwi D got the whole line very deep. But it was big call which he held together, kudos to the guy.

BPA was on the end of a team warning, the YC was not simply BPA. I'm losing the logic in mauls but at the time thought he had done well. Clearly I am not a ref. He had patches outside of that which could have been better and our line out suffered - not sure what was happening there. But he played well and is now a Red icon.

Agree on Tupou and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) being contained. Our loosies perhaps missed opportunities around the rucks with the Blue super size freaks, but they took some too.

Who knew Daugunu could kick? Reckon we should be dusting this bloke off and looking more seriously at what he can contribute in 2022.

Mac Grealy. I'm simply going to say it again, Mac Grealy. Gives hope that there may be depth in Qld rugby still.

Isaac Henry. Isaac Henry. Second game and we're all thinking he's part of the furniture. Awesome.

Line out let us down, disappointing after last week when it was a weapon.

Sam Wallis, how much time did he get? Knuckled under and followed instructions I thought.

Why was Tate pulled so soon? I like Sorovi but it is a bid step in quality these days.

OK Blues - not much to say other than the better team won. Who is that big bastard in the locks? What a beast.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Highlights

Thought for a split second Reds were gunna do a WF & go 80m after the hooter but, no, some stoopid Auck got his mitts on it & Ruru inexplicably hoofs it out instead of doing something stoopid. Most un-Loss Bleus like, that.

Dru, big bastard Blues lock was Gerard Cowley-Tuioti who is thought to be Lurch's replacement at Kobelco.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Thought perhaps Dru was meaning Tuipulotu, who had a prttey big game. mind you so did G C-T .
Papali'i is certainly going bloody well isn't he? Not sure of anyone in Blues I would point finger at and say he didn't go alright. Do like the way Finlay Christie is playing.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just got back from the game - credit to the blues who dominated the collisions and had us on the back foot.
Thought the turning point was the tackle in the air penalty at the 25min mark. Resulted in a 5m lineout, rolling maul, yellow card and two tries whilst down to 14 men. Game over.
Looked like a legit competition for the ball real time at the ground.
What was take on tv/replays? Haven’t seen any comments here so presuming it was worse than it looked real time

Probably never in doubt, he jumped , but was never looking at ball. Though I know I wouldn't in same situation, as self preservation would get me looking at other player jumping.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
So troubling why the Reds still struggle with execution. Even in the AU competition a lot of errors (that were left unpunished in AU but are being exploited by the NZ teams).

Not as bad as against the crusaders, but still off the mark.

Oh well.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Thought perhaps Dru was meaning Tuipulotu, who had a prttey big game. mind you so did G C-T .
Papali'i is certainly going bloody well isn't he? Not sure of anyone in Blues I would point finger at and say he didn't go alright. Do like the way Finlay Christie is playing.

That's him, I think.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Stewart at 10 was a big ask after seasons doing a different job. He was shakey and with the usual Kiwi D got the whole line very deep. But it was big call which he held together, kudos to the guy.

BPA was on the end of a team warning, the YC was not simply BPA. I'm losing the logic in mauls but at the time thought he had done well. Clearly I am not a ref. He had patches outside of that which could have been better and our line out suffered - not sure what was happening there. But he played well and is now a Red icon.

Agree on Tupou and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) being contained. Our loosies perhaps missed opportunities around the rucks with the Blue super size freaks, but they took some too.

Who knew Daugunu could kick? Reckon we should be dusting this bloke off and looking more seriously at what he can contribute in 2022.

Mac Grealy. I'm simply going to say it again, Mac Grealy. Gives hope that there may be depth in Qld rugby still.

Isaac Henry. Isaac Henry. Second game and we're all thinking he's part of the furniture. Awesome.

Line out let us down, disappointing after last week when it was a weapon.

Sam Wallis, how much time did he get? Knuckled under and followed instructions I thought.

Why was Tate pulled so soon? I like Sorovi but it is a bid step in quality these days.

OK Blues - not much to say other than the better team won. Who is that big bastard in the locks? What a beast.

I though smith was a real workhorse around the ground but noticed lineout got a bit shakey later in the game...not sure how much our locks vs bpa can’t throw for shit...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
One shining light is Grealy. He’s been bloody brilliant. Looks assured and I love he runs it straight. I think he’s a Smokey for RWC with no bolted on fullback. Fuck it, smokey for 2021.

settle. That's a ridiculous statement after one very solid game.

Who knew Daugunu could kick? Reckon we should be dusting this bloke off and looking more seriously at what he can contribute in 2022

anyone who's watched Super Rugby or NRC over the last few years? He's kicked plenty of times for the Reds and QLD Country. Former high level soccer player.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
settle. That's a ridiculous statement after one very solid game.

anyone who's watched Super Rugby or NRC over the last few years? He's kicked plenty of times for the Reds and QLD Country. Former high level soccer player.

Kick at goal? Geez Reg you have defaulted to combatant as a norm here.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
So troubling why the Reds still struggle with execution. Even in the AU competition a lot of errors (that were left unpunished in AU but are being exploited by the NZ teams).

Not as bad as against the crusaders, but still off the mark.

Oh well.
Pretty much what Thorn said when interviewed earlier in the week. He was unhappy about the of turnovers the Reds were conceding during Super AU even though they were still winning games. He knew they would punished against the Kiwi teams