• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby R4 Reds v Blues

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Well, the game is over so will say it. That was a punishingly soft penalty on Telea at the end. Was a sniper rifle level kick though.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have to say again this week, I do like the look of young Zarn.
Will add the young fella at 15 for Reds looked pretty ok too.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I’m all for player safety - but that’s a very harsh penalty

If he doesn't stick his arm out he lands on his noggin. Pretty straight forward imo.

Reds were kinda disappointing from a physicality perspective, particularly Tupou and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto).

Props to the Reds for pushing it relatively close with huge injuries. Paisami and Wilson (botched try aside) had huge games.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Just finished watching the game - would have liked a win (and see Dismal cry like a baby) - but good contest.

Pleasing to see Grealy do well on debut and build more depth and give more options. Defence won it for the blues but I reckon Reds would feel they should have won that with just bit more composure on final passes etc

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
I thought Henry was really good for only his second starting performance, he made a number of runs over the advantage line and seemed pretty good at beating the first defender. Mac Grealy also had a really composed performance and didnt look out of place at all.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Just got back from the game - credit to the blues who dominated the collisions and had us on the back foot.
Thought the turning point was the tackle in the air penalty at the 25min mark. Resulted in a 5m lineout, rolling maul, yellow card and two tries whilst down to 14 men. Game over.
Looked like a legit competition for the ball real time at the ground.
What was take on tv/replays? Haven’t seen any comments here so presuming it was worse than it looked real time