• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Final 2024. Blues v Chiefs, June 22.

Super Rugby Final 2024. Blues vs Chiefs, June 22.

• Go Blues!

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Go Chiefs!

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Go f**** yourself NZ

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Language!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Blues by 30, TJ in the booth, seething

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • GAGR servers will require an extra 200,000 gygabytes of space for the Coronation Photo Essay

• Coronate my ballz you ***** ***** ******

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I might watch the game

• ...if I've got nothing better to do

• I'd rather let Shiggins trim my hairy ballsack than watch this rugby football match

• Total voters

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think the Blues defence will be the key

There is a hardness and ruthlessness about them

I just can't see the Chiefs finding the space they did on Saturday
Hard to argue with that logic, it's one of many reasons I look forward to the game, and why I not confident of picking a winner. I wonder with the strength of the Blues front row etc may help tie up Chiefs loosies etc.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I actually think first 20 will be a cracker, both teams seem to have learnt the idea of steamrolling physical starts.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Must be a heap of bogans heading up from Hams, Naras & Huntly, everyone knows Auckland's a league town now...

(I'll be watching it with 15-20 of wifey's whanau, some of whom are rabid Chiefs fans. Hence I'm no longer aboard the Loss Bleaus Coronation Express).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Na Bogan not really a saying over here Marce, just probably by the likes of me and WOB who have lived in Aus for a little while.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Is Bogan also a Kiwi slang?

More a stereotype. Think Bill & Ted or Beavis & Butt Head. As Dan says it's more an Aus thing but say Bogan in NZ & everyone knows what you mean.

Are u serious?

Not really but some Aucklanders get really defensive if you point to the relative crowds for Loss Bleus & The Wahs over the last year or two. Which of course makes it hilarious...

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Na Bogan not really a saying over here Marce, just probably by the likes of me and WOB who have lived in Aus for a little while.
What's the word for Bogan in NZ? Are the Chiefs supporters rednecks?

I met a Kiwi from Waikato when I lived in Western Sydney. He was a bus driver and he talked me cause in those days I used to wear a 2015 Chiefs jersey:
Screenshot-20240617-234329-Instagram.jpg

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
More a stereotype. Think Bill & Ted or Beavis & Butt Head. As Dan says it's more an Aus thing but say Bogan in NZ & everyone knows what you mean.
Bogan is in Oceania what Americans call Redneck? And in every corner of the world you go, everybody knows what redneck means

Not really but some Aucklanders get really defensive if you point to the relative crowds for Loss Bleus & The Wahs over the last year or two. Which of course makes it hilarious...

I heard that Dan Carter childhood's hero was Andrew Johns but Dan isn't from Auckland. Are there some League neighborhoods in Canterbury? Now Dan is supporting the bid for a NRL club in the South Island. Funny cause the arrive of the NRL in the South Island can hurt the ABs pathways

Maybe most of the Kiwis who lived in OZ for a while and came back to NZ are now League supporters like the Pacific Islanders in OZ. Most of the Kiwis I met in OZ support the QLD Maroons. I don't know why, maybe cause they have been the winner side in the last decades

Last edited:

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Bogan is in Oceania what Americans call Redneck? And in every corner of the world you go, everybody knows what redneck means

I heard that Dan Carter childhood's hero was Andrew Johns but Dan isn't from Auckland. Are there some League neighborhoods in Canterbury? Now Dan is supporting the bid for a NRL club in the South Island. Funny cause the arrive of the NRL in the South Island can hurt the ABs pathways

Maybe most of the Kiwis who lived in OZ for a while and came back to NZ are now League supporters like the Pacific Islanders in OZ. Most of the Kiwis I met in OZ support the QLD Maroons. I don't know why, maybe cause they have been the winner side in the last decades
Most kiwis who like union also like league. We are not as either/or as Australians are about the codes.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)

Blues: Stephen Perofeta, Mark Tele’a, Rieko Ioane, AJ Lam, Caleb Clarke, Harry Plummer, Finlay Christie, Hoskins Sotutu, Dalton Papali’i, Akira Ioane, Sam Darry, Patrick Tuipulotu (capt), Marcel Renata, Ricky Riccitelli, Ofa Tu’ungafasi. Reserves: Kurt Eklund, Joshua Fusitu’a, Angus Ta’avao, Josh Beehre, Adrian Choat, Taufa Funaki, Bryce Heem, Cole Forbes.

Chiefs: Shaun Stevenson, Emoni Narawa, Anton Lienert-Brown, Rameka Poihipi, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Damian McKenzie, Cortez Ratima, Wallace Sititi, Luke Jacobson (capt), Samipeni Finau, Tupou Vaa’i, Jimmy Tupou, George Dyer, Tyrone Thompson, Aidan Ross. Reserves: Bradley Slater, Jared Proffit, Reuben O’Neill, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Simon Parker, Xavier Roe, Quinn Tupaea, Daniel Rona.