• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Final 2024. Blues v Chiefs, June 22.

Super Rugby Final 2024. Blues vs Chiefs, June 22.

• Go Blues!

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Go Chiefs!

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Go f**** yourself NZ

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Language!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Blues by 30, TJ in the booth, seething

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • GAGR servers will require an extra 200,000 gygabytes of space for the Coronation Photo Essay

• Coronate my ballz you ***** ***** ******

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I might watch the game

• ...if I've got nothing better to do

• I'd rather let Shiggins trim my hairy ballsack than watch this rugby football match

• Total voters

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Would think with PT back the favouritism will swing to Blues? He is integral to the Blues forward pack and their style of play. And with weather forecast I think tighties are going to play even bigger part in ti.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Most kiwis who like union also like league. We are not as either/or as Australians are about the codes.
Maybe most of the Kiwis who live or have lived in Australia. Cause I always read Kiwis denigrate League when they discussed against Aussie League supporters.

"ABs beat Wallabies 20 years in a row"

Aussie League supporter: "Union is a tiny sport in Australia"

Average Kiwi answering: "Nobody cares about League, it's only played in 3 countries"

I mean, if they really like League wouldn't say that. IMO the Kiwis who like League, support QLD Maroons but not all of the Kiwis like League. Specially those who live in NZ and never lived in OZ

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Maybe most of the Kiwis who live or have lived in Australia. Cause I always read Kiwis denigrate League when they discussed against Aussie League supporters.

"ABs beat Wallabies 20 years in a row"

Aussie League supporter: "Union is a tiny sport in Australia"

Average Kiwi answering: "Nobody cares about League, it's only played in 3 countries"

I mean, if they really like League wouldn't say that. IMO the Kiwis who like League, support QLD Maroons but not all of the Kiwis like League. Specially those who live in NZ and never lived in OZ
Sure...I was only born and lived there for 30-odd years. What would I know :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Never say never...

There is one scenario where I can see myself supporting the Wallabies/Wallaroos - we'll know in about 6 - 8 years perhaps :)
you have absolute weapons for kids who are going through the grades in Canberra? We can knit you one of those half gold half ABs jerseys for the games.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
you have absolute weapons for kids who are going through the grades in Canberra? We can knit you one of those half gold half ABs jerseys for the games.
They have all played for the Brumbies at their age levels (my youngest plays an age group up with my middle child because we just can't get them to 3 different trainings and games etc lol)

I wouldn't say they are weapons. But they work hard and they enjoy playing. My eldest in particular LOVES playing and he wants to be an All Black. He has the plan all mapped out already lol.

If any of them make it to Wallaby or Wallaroo level - I won't need a half/half jersey bro..... it will be all gold! ;)

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
They have all played for the Brumbies at their age levels (my youngest plays an age group up with my middle child because we just can't get them to 3 different trainings and games etc lol)

I wouldn't say they are weapons. But they work hard and they enjoy playing. My eldest in particular LOVES playing and he wants to be an All Black. He has the plan all mapped out already lol.

If any of them make it to Wallaby or Wallaroo level - I won't need a half/half jersey bro..... it will be all gold! ;)
get the proud parent thread going again, that's most definitely worthy material! It's my favourite thread on these forums, it's a nice rest from how shit Australian Rugby is.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Sure...I was only born and lived there for 30-odd years. What would I know :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I lived in Sydney too and many Kiwis I met hated League. The thibg you described is more for Pacific Islanders according miy experience. They don't care about League or Union, they only play for money lol

Dan54

David Wilson (68)

Got a mate who was same BR, his boy grew up and made it into Reds extended training squad, Aus U20s etc, so mate was Reds and Aust supporter at U20 level. His son actuallywas selected for Aussie 7s the day before he suffered a bad shoulder injury that stuffed him, so he didn't have to swap at full level. ;) But rightfully was prepared to swap.

RemainingInTheGame

Allen Oxlade (6)
Got a mate who was same BR, his boy grew up and made it into Reds extended training squad, Aus U20s etc, so mate was Reds and Aust supporter at U20 level. His son actuallywas selected for Aussie 7s the day before he suffered a bad shoulder injury that stuffed him, so he didn't have to swap at full level. ;) But rightfully was prepared to swap.
You got to support your family 100%.

I'd even support the Tah's against the Blues if my son played for the Tah's.

(Luckily his talents lie elsewhere).

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I lived in Sydney too and many Kiwis I met hated League. The thibg you described is more for Pacific Islanders according miy experience. They don't care about League or Union, they only play for money lol
Except I lived in NZ - both rural and city - so perhaps ur experience is completely different to that of a NZ-born and bred NZer.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Anyway, is it true the final is even on FTA in Aus? So Stan/9 must figure there some interest. I was a little surprised.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
I'd even support the Tah's against the Blues if my son played for the Tah's.
If my son played for the Tahs I would hand him this t-shirt then never speak to him again for the rest of his life.

nsfwt_zpsoky6rhdc.png

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Except I lived in NZ - both rural and city - so perhaps ur experience is completely different to that of a NZ-born and bred NZer.
My experience says that most of the Kiwis living in OZ stay loyal to Union. Some hate League and some adore it