• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Three points aren't going to be enough against a Crusaders maul that looks like it'll score 90% of the time once they're within ~25 metres of the try line.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Nah, it's game over. Crusaders will just maul everything everywhere for the final five minutes.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
*Sigh* Why try and clear the ball? It'll only ever end in a counterattack or a rolling maul from not far out. In a lose-lose situation like that the only real option was to try and play some ridiculous high-risk run from their own try line.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Nothing but a complete lack of leadership from the Shambles. Even before the pressure was on they cracked by turning defensive in taking the three points. Outside of Gibson, there doesn't seem to be any real leadership candidates, so I won't be banking on many (if any) victories against other NZ franchises this year.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
In saying that, I have every confidence that the Blues will use their collective psychic energy to accelerate time up to 2017 during the break and proceed to fall apart in the second half.

Called it, you did :) We've really gotta stop giving away these big leads, sooner or later we're gunna come up against someone who holds their nerve, which Reds last week defo & Bloos tonight appear not to have done, and/ or run out of fresh legs.

I'm sure Dismal will be doubly devastated by the fact his only successful sig & av bet EVER came as a result of backing the tenured Cantabs he affects to dislike so much.........

Missed the game as it's my "lates" week but I'll be sure to check out the highlights after the Tribe have finished with the Rebs.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hehehe. Here's a conversation midway through the game with a friend of mine.

crus.JPG

Him: Blues leading 22-5 near the end of first half (He must have meant 21-5).
Me: Think I forgot to make my picks.
Him: You still can, only the first game so far.
Me: I see I did make a pick, but I picked Crusaders.
Him: Me too.
Me: Mind you, perhaps the Crusaders will pull a third come-from-behind victory in as many weeks.
Him: I think they will.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
One thing I will say after watching that game, although I a fan of Brodie Retallick, in my world team I would still pick Sam Whitelock first, geez he has huge motor and does the core roles so bloody well.I think he not a bad captain as well.
Young Mitch Hunt is also filling that 10 jersey pretty well, and he will only get better at this level.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It's been my experience that The Dismal One appears, or chooses not to appear, at a time & place of his own choosing. He cannot be summoned, nor summonsed on account of his diplomatic status, that being Pitcairn's Ambassador At Large (despite the Royal Navy's best efforts).

I think DP's silence indicates that the Blues have surpassed themselves this time. Up 21-5 against the arch enemy, only for the Cantabrians to triumph 33-24.

Dark Clouds have settle over Auckland

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Howzit that it's 2017 and when a team gets clean ball from a knock in, they're still allowed to make three passes, run it into touch and then get given the ball back. One of the most ridiculous rules in rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.