• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Stormers vs Reds @ Newlands round 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
St.George Queensland Reds team to play Stormers
11:00pm, Saturday 23 April, Newlands Stadium

1. James Slipper (C)
2. Andrew Ready
3. Greg Holmes
4. Ben Matwijow
5. Rob Simmons
6. Hendrik Tui
7. Liam Gill
8. Curtis Browning
9. Nick Frisby
10. Jake McIntyre
11. Eto Nabuli
12. Anthony Fainga'a
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Chris Feauai-Sautia
15. Karmichael Hunt

16. Saia Fainga'a
17. Sef Fa'agase
18. Sam Talakai
19. Cadeyrn Neville
20. Michael Gunn
21. James Tuttle
22. Duncan Paia’aua
23. Ayumu Goromaru

Houndi

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think general play kicking will be a huge issue for the reds in this one. Giving the stormers back three (particularly Kolbe) time and space to counter from poor kicks will be costly. Stormers by 20-30 Kolbe with a brace for mine.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Stormers
15 Cheslin Kolbe, 14 Kobus van Wyk, 13 Johnny Kotze, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 9 Nic Groom, 8 Nizaam Carr, 7 Siya Kolisi, 6 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 5 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 4 Rynhardt Elstadt, 3 Frans Malherbe (captain), 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Oli Kebble
Substitutes: 16 Mike Willemse, 17 JC Janse van Rensburg, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 JD Schickerling, 20 Schalk Burger, 21 Louis Schreuder, 22 Huw Jones, 23 Brandon Thomson

dru

David Wilson (68)
Surprised to see Matwijou over Douglas. Not sure the Reds site article explains it either. Anyone with the inside?

Also Paia'aua gets he first bench? Talk about doing it the hard way.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It may just be they are managing Neville's workload.

They may be concerned about his looseness of ball control - has has turned over a fair bit of ball.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
It may just be they are managing Neville's workload.

They may be concerned about his looseness of ball control - has has turned over a fair bit of ball.

His handling can be very iffy, but the last few games he has really shown some good go forward and running with a bit of aggression. Thought he might be a better complement to Simmons than Ben M.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Maybe they don't think simmo will finish and are trying to cover the game with a lineout caller. Or maybe Schatz's injury changed their thinking.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I think in past weeks Nevilles detail has been poor. Scrummaging was a step behind, his ball carries were high causing slow rucks and a few ill disciplined scenarios including penalties which let the Bulls out of there own half.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The Reds have fuck all to lose and I expect them to come out firing.

Gill to continue great form and Simmo back from an injury Holmes is just Holmes and Slipper getting better each week (after a shoulder and knee surgery). Reds scrum has been dominant all year (as long as the loosies remain bound). It should be used more as a weapon, especially in the Stormers 22.

The forwards are pretty good each week particularly at set piece. The backs have improved and Kerevi is starting to hit his straps (and the line). Hopefully he improves his ball security a wee bit.

The second week in the Republic should be better and I reckon the Reds will defy the odds and win by 8

T

TOCC

CFS out with ankle injury, Laloifi to start in his place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
And the Stormers pass Nabuli just got a hand on was clearly forward but they pretend to not notice that?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Laloifi showing his pace down the sideline. They just need to put him into space and nobody will catch him.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Very unselfish from Browning there, he could have made that himself I reckon! Hunt's first try in Super Rugby, took him a while...

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
I love watching Browning on the burst, he's got a funny running gait and just looks so unlikely!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.