• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Stormers vs Reds @ Newlands round 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
You seldom if ever get ref critics from the losing team supporters.

Why don't these supporters rather give critism to their players who lost the match?

What about the basic rugby value we learned as 6 year old, playing the whistle?
That's your second go mate. Give it up.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You seldom if ever get ref critics from the losing team supporters.

Why don't these supporters rather give critism to their players who lost the match?

What about the basic rugby value we learned as 6 year old, playing the whistle?

I disagree.
Firstly, I haven't seen ANYONE on this thread claim the ref robbed the Reds of the game - clearly the Stormers deserved the win.
BUT.........points of law are fair game to be discussed. It was blindingly obvious to me watching the game that the Stormers' cleanout technique most commonly used was glaringly illegal - multiple players flying off their feet like Exocet missiles is explicitly not within the laws of the game - not binding the the targeted player, not staying on their feet, taking up space offside......... It annoys me to see clear offences like this not being policed. Repeatedly. I cannot see any valid reason why this cannot or should not be discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.