• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) Rd 3 Force v Reds in Perth

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
A 50/50 start after fleeing the state to ensure they could play is not a bad start for the Force. They now come up the Reds who may be looking forward to a dry game of rugby.

Force to win to stake first claim on 2nd in the Aus conference.

todd4

Dave Cowper (27)
Emperor McGowan has reduced crowd size at sporting events from 75% to 50%. Still, if they can acheive 10K for first game of the year it should provide a good atmosphere.

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
The membership team did well. They sent out tickets around 9am and then after the announcement rejigged the seating and had new tickets out around 6.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
Injuries to key players (possibly no McDermott, Wright, ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Mafi - Tupou may be 50/50? Is Paisami back?), unable to train at home due to Brisbane floods (forced to train at a nearby high school), and some players missing a bit of training to focus on saving their homes.

Force will rarely get us at a better time.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Injuries to key players (possibly no McDermott, Wright, ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Mafi - Tupou may be 50/50? Is Paisami back?), unable to train at home due to Brisbane floods (forced to train at a nearby high school), and some players missing a bit of training to focus on saving their homes.

I believe our record over there is 2 from 8. They’ve rarely needed a ‘better time’

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
As a kiwi in NZ, I reckon this is the Aus game of the round obviously, so will be making sure I wtach this bugger!
I actually torn, I lived in Qld so supported Reds, but I have a real soft spot for Force these days, I like both their team, and in general their supporters in that seem to have a good number. Also watching the Force last week I can see the style of rugby the Force backs were using (support lines etc) similar to Hawkes Bay and can see the influence of Mark Ozich.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)

Significant adversity this week that will either galvanise the group or be a shambles - I know a couple of players have been marooned in their suburbs and unable to get to training as well. Never doubt the Queensland spirit ;)

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Force are clear favourites. Got to fly straight home from Sydney to their comfy beds.

Reds had to fly back and clear out their flooded houses, no training fields and decimated by injuries and still have to fly over.

Only thing that can save the Reds is, a 'Classic' Andrew Ready double yellow card for 'bringing the niggle'.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Force are clear favourites. Got to fly straight home from Sydney to their comfy beds.

Reds had to fly back and clear out their flooded houses, no training fields and decimated by injuries and still have to fly over.

Only thing that can save the Reds is, a 'Classic' Andrew Ready double yellow card for 'bringing the niggle'.
With the Reds being in somewhat of a hooker crisis after this season, I have all my fingers and toes crossed that Ready doesn't return to QLD next season.

Lets refrain from posting mean things about him until we have hookers signed for 2023, or I fear the karma monkey will come back to bite us.

Reactions: dru

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
FORCE (1-15): Tom Robertson, Feleti Kaitu'u (c), Santiago Medrano, Fergus Lee-Warner, Izack Rodda, Brynard Stander, Ollie Callan, Tim Anstee, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Reesjan Pasitoa, Manasa Mataele, Richard Kahui, Kyle Godwin, Toni Pulu, Jake Strachan

RESERVES: Jack Winchester, Harry Lloyd, Greg Holmes, Ryan McCauley, Kane Koteka, Ian Prior, Jake McIntrye, Grason Makara

REDS (1-15): Dane Zander, Josh Nasser, Feao Fotuaika, Angus Blyth, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Seru Uru, Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Kalani Thomas, James O'Connor, Josh Flook, Hamish Stewart, Hunter Paisami, Jordan Petaia, Jock Campbell

RESERVES: Matt Faessler, Harry Hoopert, Taniela Tupou, Ryan Smith, Tuiana Tualima, Spencer Jeans, Lawson Creighton, Mac Grealy

Good match up. Nice to see Paisami and Tupou back.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Very pleasing to see WF selection based on effort/performance + potential.
Rapt to see Issak and Ollie getting starts.
Winchester and Makara getting a chance to show their stuff off the bench.
Understandably Ready being given a rest after last week's poor performance at lineouts, penalties and ball retention.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Flook isn’t a winger at this level I don’t think, and interesting they’ve leap frogged Kalani Thomas over Jeans. I liked what I saw of Jeans last week in a game he obviously wasn’t expecting that much game time.

Good to have Tupou and Paisami back on deck. It will be interesting to see when TT gets on.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
It looks as though the Reds are stacking the bench for a big onslaught in the last quarter.
Just as long as the starting 15 can keep within a close score line before that.