• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Springboks v Wallabies, Newlands, September 28 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
So, will we see the pattern continue in the second half?
First 10, we look okay. 50-70, we leak 10 tires. 70-80, we score a consolation try.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Was going to ask you about that. What's the point where it becomes a red?

A deliberate elbow to the neck/jaw region is a RC in my book - it is about the worst thing you can do as the risk of injury is so high. On the first replay it looked deliberate, but in hindsight it was just reckless.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I wish the Wallabies could develop the aggressiveness of the Boks at the moment, just being out-muscled.

Loving the Beasts dummy in the first-half, nothing better when a front-rower has a run!

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
FDP is a great player. Haven't seen him play for a while and forgot how good he was.

Genia & co have some way to go to get to his level.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
our only chance of winning now is to get the ball, keep it in hand, and run it at the cheating bastards for 40 mins..and make no mistakes!!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
to be fair quades got nothing to work with and has hardly seen the ball. He's been ok defensively i think so far.

We've had zero front foot ball all game and whites kicking everything so whats the fucking point of having a 10. Should just put another fkn backrower on the pitch with this game management.

If I was the halfback and saw my 10 running cross field I'd be kicking the ball more often than not as well.

I don't mind his chip and chase effort though, the Boks rushed him and he tried something going forward. Didn't pull it off but made the tackle to stop any counter. But other than that he seems to be really struggling out there when he has the ball.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ben Alexander is seriously the worst footballer I have ever seen. He just flaps his arms around pleading with whichever official is closest. He should really concentrate some of his red cordial energy towards tackling, rucking and keeping his feet underneath himself in the scrums.

Gees, there are some very ordinary performances out there once again. I don't think I have witnessed such a massive decline in so called profrasional's abilities ever before. It is so obvious that these guys are not training at all. It is not the fault of any coach or skills conditioner or whatever. It is the players themselves that are not keeping their own skill sets up.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Good call to bring Genia on. White missed kicking for touch, too conservative once you fall behind by 20.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think replacing White is a mistake. He was the only one getting good kicks off and we all know how Genia performs with the Box.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Question what is with the kickoff strategy ? The aim seems to be kick right with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) contesting, Lealiifano and Kurindrani chasing hard on the ball as well. Foley, White and Quade dropping back deep after kick off.
It leaves Tomane and the whole forward pack to cover in the front line after SA control possession. They shift the ball into wide areas and we are already on the back foot.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Bring on TImani and Fat Cat I say. I want some big hits and some decent scrummaging. TIme for Willy to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.