• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Springboks v Wallabies, Newlands, September 28 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Yet again we leaked two quick tries. That's a pattern that's been going on for far too long. Lack of composure and poor on-field leadership.

Giving away only 3 points during a YC isn't too bad, but we need to do much better while van de Merwe is on sabbatical.

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
In my time watching rugby seriously (since about 2003), I don't recall a series of games where the Wallabies have looked so unpolished. I sure hope Mckenzie knows what he's doing, because from where I am sitting, it doesn't get much worse than this.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Refs blowing the pea out of it. Boks look good .. Australia just need to calm a little and get some ball. Half a match to go

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Quade and Horwill are seriously on borrowed time. Woeful.
to be fair quades got nothing to work with and has hardly seen the ball. He's been ok defensively i think so far.

We've had zero front foot ball all game and whites kicking everything so whats the fucking point of having a 10. Should just put another fkn backrower on the pitch with this game management.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Considering the card and how much ball we had this isn't that bad.

Nah it's bad. When OZ had XV on, the Boks were making metres at will.

Tomane still can't defend, has had problems all year coming in off his wing when he didn't need to.

Too many OZ forwards caught ball watching in that first 20 minutes.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Yep, hard to make that one a yellow red. Tomane did sort of twist into the tackle. It was all arms, though, far too high. But I don't think you can definitively say it was malicious.

EDIT: meant to say "red".

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
half time breath freshener..we need to score 3 unanswered converted tries to get in front..not liking our chances but Manly did 5 last night so anything's possible!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Thank goodness for the mothers with the Oranges.

We have psyched ourselves out of this game. We have not seen any pill, and what little we get is given straight back to the enemy on their terms.

What sort of game plan includes:

Not tackling
Not catching the high ball
Not moving bodies in R&M
Kicking the ball straight to saffers with no chasers

15 players and coach need to lift their came after they have their oranges,

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
to be fair quades got nothing to work with and has hardly seen the ball. He's been ok defensively i think so far.

We've had zero front foot ball all game and whites kicking everything so whats the fucking point of having a 10. Should just put another fkn backrower on the pitch with this game management.

Except for trying to take an intercept which led to the first try

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Yep, hard to make that one a yellow. Tomane did sort of twist into the tackle. It was all arms, though, far too high. But I don't think you can definitively say it was malicious.

at least he's consistent though, he binned Hooper for a textbook tackle..the other ref did the same in Bris-vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.