• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Springboks v Wallabies, Newlands, September 28 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Only one American from memory. I knew Spithall was an Aussie but I didn't realize anyone else was. I didn't pay much attention to it really.
About 5-6 Kiwis, similar number of Aussies. One American after John Kostecki was relieved by Sir Ben Ainslie.
Too many Kiwis to fit on Team NZ. No Aussie dollars for Team AUS.
Anyway, back on topic, sorry!

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
About 5-6 Kiwis, similar number of Aussies. One American after John Kostecki was relieved by Sir Ben Ainslie.
Too many Kiwis to fit on Team NZ. No Aussie dollars for Team AUS.
Anyway, back on topic, sorry!

Ha ha yes we are a bit off topic here.

I must say I am a bit worried that there doesn't appear to be much enthusiasm around here for this game. Although I expect a Springbok victory I don't think they are as good as some are making out. This is a potential banana skin game for them. If I am going to stay up to watch it I expect some company.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ha ha yes we are a bit off topic here.

I must say I am a bit worried that there doesn't appear to be much enthusiasm around here for this game. Although I expect a Springbok victory I don't think they are as good as some are making out. This is a potential banana skin game for them. If I am going to stay up to watch it I expect some company.
I just can't see where we match too many of them, let alone outpoint them, man for man. And that's before we look at the lack of "gel" in the Wallabies as a team.
The hard edge is just not there for enough of any match. And the "off" segments of matches are well off, not just a bit, and we concede big chunks of points in them of late.
As I said earlier, I hope I'm way wrong.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
I'm hoping to see Kuridrani play at his best tonight.
His brief appearances to date have been pretty ordinary but he's better than that and has size, good footwork and speed.
It would be nice to see him get a bit of good ball and back himself.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Just the way the Boks sprint out of the tunnel when on home soil is scary. Just looks like there are a bunch of men who play for the pride in their jersey.

I just don't think we can match them up front. Our pack is back to lacking some critical mongrel. Horwill needs to come back and play the house down. The back line needs to find some combination. Lealiifano needs to step up and offer a bit more in phase play. Cooper needs to have a real good one or its time to give To'omua another shot.

Having said that, I expect any week now for Ewen's influence to kick in and the team to gel and results should improve. Any who, ill be up watching.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
In other SA news. Schalk Burger made a good return to Currie Cup duty last night after 18 months of absence.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Bokke by 25. Unfortunately I expect a man-shaming.
I sincerely hope I am wrong.

I know what you mean cyclo. We are all worried about the forwards but the backline does not look like a test backline.

I hope that Oz wins but it is unlikely - as it will be next week.

I don't quite know how to say how I feel, but I want to get back that high degree of disappointment when we lose, that I once had—as weird as that sounds.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I truly hope this will not be as one sided as I think it will be.

The Boks always play out of their skins in the Republic, and with the added inspiration of the Springbok Museum opening on Heritage Day, and the appearance of stalwart Joost Van der Westhuizen, it might get ugly.

Will be watching though, and supporting the men in Gold, even if our 'star player' is on the bench.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I truly hope this will not be as one sided as I think it will be.

The Boks always play out of their skins in the Republic, and with the added inspiration of the Springbok Museum opening on Heritage Day, and the appearance of stalwart Joost Van der Westhuizen, it might get ugly.

Will be watching though, and supporting the men in Gold, even if our 'star player' is on the bench.
Willy?

Status
Not open for further replies.