• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Springboks v Wallabies, Newlands, September 28 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
This is a bit off topic but I couldn't find a more appropriate discussion forum for this so i figured id put it on the game thread. I haven't posted much since the loss of the third lions test mainly due to my general disappointment in the performance of our team. I must says I enjoyed reading an article this morning where Cooper discusses JOCs behavior. Cooper's comments suggest he has actually matured somewhat and actually took his time away from the wallabies to try better himself and become a team player. Certainly actions speak loud than words, but this was heartening to read. Since Deans took over the Wallabies have suffered from a culture problem IMO and guys like JOC (James O'Connor), Cooper, Beale etc putting themselves before the jersey has hurt us badly. Its nice to think Cooper has come through that and wants to be a team player.

Good luck to Cooper and the team this evening. Cant see them winning but im hoping theyll be competitive.

I have noticed a new maturity in QC (Quade Cooper) since the toxic "YellowJumpergate". Perhaps he or his advisors read G&GR?

There is hope. QC (Quade Cooper) has clearly listened to someone, whether this is Khoder, SBW, his grandmother, Link or whatever, I don't care. It is good for tht eWobs, Reds and most importantly QC (Quade Cooper) himself.

Homebrand, are you listening?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I think we will fire up and finally gel, but will fall short by 2 or 3 points due to a couple of crucial handling errors and/or a scrum penalty

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Mrs Doug and I wont be staying up to watch the match live, given that the (near) best, [if not THE best] half-back in the world is on the bench, and given immediate past history, he may not even get a start.
IMHO, we have three levels of elite players (Super Rugby, Test, SH-Test quality)! Not enough of the latter on show tonight!

I haven't watched "Australia 2" since the 1983 America's cup! I'm not going to start again tonight.
Enjoy the match folks.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Mrs Doug and I wont be staying up to watch the match live, given that the (near) best, [if not THE best] half-back in the world is on the bench, and given immediate past history, he may not even get a start.
IMHO, we have three levels of elite players (Super Rugby, Test, SH-Test quality)! Not enough of the latter on show tonight!

I haven't watched "Australia 2" since the 1983 America's cup! I'm not going to start again tonight.
Enjoy the match folks.

But if you selected the team, and all fans thought like you, then we'd have another bunch of people not staying up to watch the match because you didn't select their favourite player. It's a no win attitude, I advise against it.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
I hate this. The old gnawing feeling in the bones that the enemy has a surprise trap in store. I'm not writing Australia off, seen too many smart games by them, and good wins over the Boks to do that.

From the Boks side, I hope they can keep up the consistency and intensity of the last few two games. I'll be pleased with that. They really should win this one though.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Bokke know they will win by 35 points, and that is why they can afford to have the Battleship on the bench.

They are saving him for Ellis Park and the Darkness.

This will be a massacre.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That is also my thinking HJ.
The only thing that gives me heart, is generally when everything suggests they are not up to it.The backs to the wall mindset brings out a better than anticipated result.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
That attitude worked for all the Aussies running Oracle in the America's Cup when they were 1-8 in a competition that would be decided by the first to 9 .

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
"All the Aussies"

How many were there? I suspect there were more Kiwis in Oracle than Aussies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
"All the Aussies"

How many were there? I suspect there were more Kiwis in Oracle than Aussies.
There were a shitload of people on those Oracle boats!! I think 4-5 Aussies on Oracle, dunno about the support teams. Obviously Coutts ran it, and it was NZ built (I think) and tuned up mid-campaign.
More of both than Americans, I think!

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
There were a shitload of people on those Oracle boats!! I think 4-5 Aussies on Oracle, dunno about the support teams. Obviously Coutts ran it, and it was NZ built (I think) and tuned up mid-campaign.
More of both than Americans, I think!

Only one American from memory. I knew Spithall was an Aussie but I didn't realize anyone else was. I didn't pay much attention to it really.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
We have this nasty tendency of fucking it up when we're supposed to be the favorites.

I shall go to bed and gather up the courage to flip the switch on the foxtel when I arise. I really hope I'm not going to be redecorating the walls of the kitchen with regurgitated corn flakes.

Good luck to all. Young, old and on even those on the wrong side of enemy lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.