• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Southern Inland Rugby 2024

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I saw Tahs v Aggies on the weekend.

A solid day put on by the WAC crew in memory of Andy Stanham - well done to all involved.

Tahs seemed to play a more tempered game and took their chances when they came. Defence was their strong point.

Aggies had Tahs measure at scrum time which surprised me, they also had the upper hand at lineout time too.

For Tahs, Hosegood played well in the forwards and Hallam was his usual tough self. Condon and Tyson are working well together in the middle.

For Aggies, their #6 and #13 were standouts and wraps to the entire front row.

I think would have liked to see the #13 around the ball more.

Bubba 2.0

Frank Nicholson (4)
I am told Tahs owned that game till about the 60th minute when aggies nearly dragged them back in a huge come back. They dont know how to give up that lot.

City v Reddies scoreline is a bit deceiving . Reddies are not the side of the last few years back and only really were out of the game in the last 30 minutes . The 10 is pretty handy and the centres are a real handful. Forwards are toilers but not game breakers so to speak.

City really worked hard first 20 or so , then started to get on top before running away with it in second half. And i must say , i thought the Ref (fijian bloke - and near run down jon jon a few times !!) was first class. Hes the real deal.

Up the Jumper

Herbert Moran (7)
No Albury 2nd Grade this weekend (Forfeit to City) and Deniliquin withdraw from 3rd Grade !!!
City v Albury & Griffith v Ag College (1st Grade matches) could be cricket scores again - let's hope the rain makes the grounds a bit heavy and not so easy to score on - Fingers Crossed

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Numbers OK for Griffith. Can still field 3 men’s teams and be competitive in 2s and 3s. No quality in 1s. Can’t see any change for the rest of the season.

centralwestrep

Frank Nicholson (4)
Seems like a worrying time in the SIRU competition. Lop-sided scores. Steamers only fielded first grade yesterday. No seconds or women. Deni sadly have withdrawn from the 3rd grade competition.
Looking forward to the rep program this coming weekend. Haven't heard any news about it but hope it all goes well.

Up the Jumper

Herbert Moran (7)
Rep games in Tumut today
Interesting to see selection of a player from Albury on the Wing for the men's
After 2 consecutive 100+ thrashings he must have some hidden talent that someone has spotted
Both matches being streamed apparently

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
If I remember rightly there was a team in 2015 with 5 players in the Brumbies provincial squad who managed to get pumped by 100 points…..

Bubba 2.0

Frank Nicholson (4)
I don't think 100 plus drubbings do anyone any favours at all now or 9 years ago. Hopefully Steamers can recover some numbers with the week off and continue to field teams in 2s and women's.

As it stands there 3 comps going on. The top 3, the next 3 and then the cellar dwellers trying to avoid the spoon. City v Aggies this week is the stand out game and will be worth a trip out to the Uni for any casual spectators .

Up the Jumper

Herbert Moran (7)
Hopefully no Centuries this weekend although Griffith heading to Tumut on their biggest trip of the season might be a cause for concern if the travelling numbers aren't great
Albury Steamers are on the road to Leeton which may see a half- century being recorded by the Phantoms
City should record a sizeable win over Reddies at the UNI
Match of the Round is Waratahs v Ag College at Conolly

Bubba 2.0

Frank Nicholson (4)
Word is Leeton will forfeit both grades to City this week, citing lack of numbers.

Frankly this is of great concern. The last thing the comp needs is first grade forfeits.

Up the Jumper

Herbert Moran (7)
Very disappointing Re; Leeton - (they are running 5th in 1st Grade & only 1 point behind Tumut- Go Figure)
The Competition has hit a very Low point now with regular thrashings each weekend in half the games played and only the Finals to look forward to
Is it true that there is another BYE in the Competition next Weekend

Up the Jumper

Herbert Moran (7)
Albury have another Century scored against them - This time on their Home Ground - Ag College 101-0
In Round 7 it was 121-0
The Steamers have run out of Puff big time - embarrassing and also sad