• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sonny Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Most cash does not always equal best for your client, just ask any bulldogs fan. Also, there is a reason why he's not a licensed player agent in the NRL

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Most cash does not always equal best for your client, just ask any bulldogs fan. Also, there is a reason why he's not a licensed player agent in the NRL

It's not just cash though. His players seem genuinely happy. Again, Khoder never worked for the Bulldogs or their fans. His client is SBW. Sonny seems pretty content to me.....

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
They hardly seem happy, they're constantly looking for someone to beat the shit out of in the ring

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Although knowing Khoder SBW will end up in soccer and quade in golf so he can really get some commission

You're all wrong...they're both going to Kick Boxing!
BTW, will "Chief" Sonny Bill rank above "Sir" Richie in NZ society?!!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
9. Kerr-Barlow 10. Cruden 11. Renata 12. SBW 13. Kahui 14. Masaga 15. Nanai-Williams

If the Chiefs' tight 5 perform, look out.

Bloody obvious him and Cooper will be going to the NRL in 2013 imo.

Renata has never played wing. He is a 1st 5 come fullback, plus add to the fact that he has never been a Super level starter over any decent period. The odd start here and there when there have been multiple injuries usually.

Slotting into the starting lineup in a position he hasn't played is highly unlikely.

I also wonder if Kahui will play wing to maintain that position for his AB starting spot. Will be interesting under a new AB head coach.

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
Honestly thought he would go back to toulon for megabucks. not to sure he'd enjoy playing infront of two men and a dog in hamilton.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm not surprised he has stayed in NZ. I think Sonny Bill is a decent bloke who cops a bad rap because he listens to Khoder Nasser and Anthony Mundine too much.

Without doubt, I'd say that winning the RWC has been his career highlight and has shown him that playing for the ABs is a pretty awesome thing to be doing.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Never will Money Bill rank above McCaw. Sir Richie doesn't drag out negotiations in the media to try and get another dollar.
You are so right Teach, he will never even rank alongside Sir richie, let alone above.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
He may have not been happy about a lot of game time in the world cup, but he was just too much of an unknown quantity. If he had had 2 seasons as an AB, he culd have been thoroughly tested against Australia, Boks etc. Henry was never going to start him in the crunch games, especially with his habit of dropping a shoulder into the tackles, which cost him a yellow card. Imagine if he has started and done it in the first ten minutes?
He now has the chance to develop as the first line option in the AB backline.. Especially with Smith's guidance. He is never going to have a better chance to stake his claim.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
This belongs in the boxing thread, but still, the state of NZ heavyweights must be bloody poor when the number 1 contender has a 50/50 record. Even then, I'd tip any semi-professional boxer to take SBW's head clean off.

I'm tipping a sad, sorry, and slightly embarrassed SBW in week 1 of SupeRugby.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
This belongs in the boxing thread, but still, the state of NZ heavyweights must be bloody poor when the number 1 contender has a 50/50 record. Even then, I'd tip any semi-professional boxer to take SBW's head clean off.

I'm tipping a sad, sorry, and slightly embarrassed SBW in week 1 of SupeRugby.

Seen the other guy? I think he's pretty safe. Hopoate was the Australian Heavyweight Champion, that's hope enough for SBW. But yes, boxing thread.

T

tranquility

That fight when Hoppa won the belt was a ripper. A genuine old fashion bar brawl with Big Bob Mirovic. I hope this blokes puts up a good of a show against $$BILL.

M

machiavelli

We're expecting SBW back in France after the upcoming Season ....
He's only on 1 yr etension contrct isn't he ?

Status
Not open for further replies.