• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Six Nations 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Have been watching a bit of the French premiership. I know this has been said before, but struth it is hard to spot an actual Frenchman.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Nature of Club Rugby at its finest showing itself there Wamb.

Seems to be pretty popular. But I remember the good old days when France was a brilliant, tough, side.

Now they are mediocre. I am sure they are all making a lot of money, though.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Seems to be pretty popular. But I remember the good old days when France was a brilliant, tough, side.

Now they are mediocre. I am sure they are all making a lot of money, though.

Despite the Top 14 having a lot of foreign nationals, there's still plenty of high quality Frenchmen. More then enough to produce a competitive 23.

I just think the revolving door way they run teams doesn't work with professionalism. They cap young blokes off 5 games of good form for a lower ranked Top 14 club, then discard him within months. It's absurd. If the ABs thought that way nobody would even know the name Maa Nonu.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Geez I enjoyed that Welsh/Scotland test, certainly didn't see that score, but good game regardless. Scotland certainly ran out of attacking ideas after about 20 minutes, Wales stopped everything they did, and you could see them just get drained of confidence good game!
France /Ireland was a little harder to watch, not sure if it was the rain etc, but seemed a bit muddled, and neither team looked to take game by the scruff of neck and impose themselves. Pretty good DK to win by Sexton who did show what a master he is at 10 in controling a game.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Dead ordinary game. Can’t believe they found 5 minutes of highlights. Ireland made one half break and never looked like scoring. France didn’t even manage a half break.
Nothing to worry about for 2019 based on these two.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Dead ordinary game. Can’t believe they found 5 minutes of highlights. Ireland made one half break and never looked like scoring. France didn’t even manage a half break.
Nothing to worry about for 2019 based on these two.

first up game in 6N in rain? Agree it wan't much, but wouldn't write anyone off on 1 test!

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
That's what happens when you schedule the world's best annual rugby tournament in some of its worst weather.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
first up game in 6N in rain? Agree it wan't much, but wouldn't write anyone off on 1 test!

France ran straight once and damn near scored. Ireland never ran straight and never looked like scoring. Straight running is the only way to give yourself a fighting chance in the wet. Probably should wait and see how we cope with the wet before dismissing those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.