• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Harry can kick the ball a mile off both feet & can perform a kick off with either foot with little difference also. Very strong through the hips, agile & much quicker than he looks. Good point of difference to come off the bench. An abundance of good backs at the rats at the moment

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Sorry to see Alex Northam not there yesterday. He would be one of the most exciting wingers around with his pace.

I note Harry Jones did well yesterday and it is interesting to compare (still take Alex though).

Alex is a fine young player isn't he, and if I were a Super Rugby scout I would have his name on my clipboard.

It just goes to show that you don't have to go to a big rugby school to be noticed.

It would be hard to compare the lads if they were both playing in that match. Harry doesn't turn 19 until November and Alex is already 21 and is the best part of three years older. His experience would have come through.

I think we will be hearing a lot more about both these players.

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
About time that happened good on Him/NSW Rugby/ whoever told him to go there. As much as I would love it if the new waratah signings went further up the beaches than manly they should be going to less strong clubs

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^ Scrabble. Try this lad from 2 Blues Colts 3's Inia QEREQERETABUA. Get that down the bottom on the triple word score, and the game is yours.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
How good does the below look;

MANLY V GORDON is BACK TO MANLY DAY.

Look the part as per the crew on the hill and choose your apparel

- http://www.store.paladinsports.com.au/manly-marlins-rugby

Great crew and Sponsor down at Brookvale providing plenty of sporting goods -

MMM.jpg

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
We should celebrate that a "celebrity" player is not being recruited into Yellow/Blue or Myrtle Green.

I hope he does well but it's interesting to note he was touted as the next big thing in the NRL at the end of 2012 but wasn't able to crack 1st grade at the Tigers. Given the fact that he's big and fast I wonder what his shortcomings are?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I hope he does well but it's interesting to note he was touted as the next big thing in the NRL at the end of 2012 but wasn't able to crack 1st grade at the Tigers. Given the fact that he's big and fast I wonder what his shortcomings are?

There is another Fijian now playing with the Crusaders that possibly should have been retained IMO as our wingers have never been stable.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
About time that happened good on Him/NSW Rugby/ whoever told him to go there. As much as I would love it if the new waratah signings went further up the beaches than manly they should be going to less strong clubs
He lives in Lansvale and has 2 or 3 cousinns playing at MRSL Park. He might get a run this weekend Bellytwoblues??

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
He used to play for Randwick.
Yeah I know, was it an EPS he had at the Tahs?
He also had some time at Manly as well. I'm please he has been given an opportunity in the Southern Hemisphere and grasped it.
I can only comment on the games I saw him play whilst at Manly, given the Tahs uncertainty with wingers it may have paid to keep him but that is hindsight now.

Status
Not open for further replies.