• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
What an afternoon at Manly today . Great show for grass roots/ community rugby . Club championhip well and truly up for grabs this year.

re earlier posts i'd say 7000 plus crowd, queues outside Sydney Rd gate - the hill banners clever including actual rat trap . The Manly bench will be a big factor this year in back end of games but front row stocks remain a worry. Lucas a big second half after below par first half. Jones impressive shame Northam didn't play.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
What an afternoon at Manly today . Great show for grass roots/ community rugby . Club championhip well and truly up for grabs this year.

re earlier posts i'd say 7000 plus crowd, queues outside Sydney Rd gate - the hill banners clever including actual rat trap . The Manly bench will be a big factor this year in back end of games but front row stocks remain a worry. Lucas a big second half after below par first half. Jones impressive shame Northam didn't play.
Just watched it on the box.
One of Gower's biggest games, he had more touches than Milroy and carried it well over the add line on each run.
Porecki was another great in defence started at hooker and finished with a stellar propping performance.
Sig showed his versatility playing 8, lock, and still going forward at 6 at the end.
Hingano must be close to starting now.

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
Yes Sammy V seems to have so much time.
Saw Sam Lane down there as well could he be coming back?
Hingano caused some real damage when he came on.
Few injuries to the front row, would like to see some of the injured start returning.

The x factor for Marlins this season may well be the bench - may (just) offset lack of front row depth.

Great day for grass roots/community rugby today . i'd say 7,000 plus with queues outside Sydney Rd gte and some witty signs on the hill including the giant rat trap. Rugby alive and well on northern beaches

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
I've watched Wests play Manly Uni Eastwood and Warringah and Wests looked a chance of winning in all games bar Manly. Today confirms Manly's place as I believe firm favourites for competition honours.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
There we go found a phot that does it justice
image.jpg

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I have never seen the crowd that deep on the tennis court side.
What was the go with those little kids all sitting in front of the ropes?
What the fuck were their parents thinking?
Especially down in the cnr,where the players are more likely to get spat out of the field of play than the middle of the field.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I have never seen the crowd that deep on the tennis court side.
Especially down in the cnr,where the players are more likely to get spat out of the field of play than the middle of the field.
Agree, jammed in.
Let's hope sun is shineing for round two and it 9 straight

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
Had a good time at Manly Oval yesterday standing in front of the hill on the fence, days like this must be great financially for Manly.

Also, I was following the Gordon twitter during the game while the Highlanders played Easts away so thanks to Gordon for providing the great updates but I need some clarification as the updates said Gordon won 2nds but the NSW Rugby website and a post on this thread has Easts winning.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Had a good time at Manly Oval yesterday standing in front of the hill on the fence, days like this must be great financially for Manly.

Also, I was following the Gordon twitter during the game while the Highlanders played Easts away so thanks to Gordon for providing the great updates but I need some clarification as the updates said Gordon won 2nds but the NSW Rugby website and a post on this thread has Easts winning.

Great that you made the trip - shows club rugby is the winner.

2 Weeks time it's Manly v Gordon and back to manly, makes for a great family day - hope the sun is shining and both clubs get right behind it!!!
image.jpg

boyo

Mark Ella (57)

Very dangerous.
Those parents would be the first to shout blue murder if their little darlings were injured.

senior

Peter Burge (5)

1st Grade was a terrific game and Gordon showed the same tough grit that they showed against Randwick. Very hearty victory - I'm glad you enjoyed the tweets. Can report that Gordon 2nd Grade defeated Easts 2nd Grade 24-18. The NSW rugby website has got that wrong and the table is wrong as well. Gordon 2s have won 4/6 with a bonus point in each game.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Very dangerous.
Those parents would be the first to shout blue murder if their little darlings were injured.

Breed and keep them tough on the beaches, they tend to soften up when they cross the bridges.
But yes true kids need to be kept safe.

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
Apologies just noted I did a sort of double post last night; must have been too well lubricated from post match festivities - didn't think the first went up. May need to switch to the SS sponsor's product :) The Magners stand on the eastern side having a green and white canopy must have cost business from home supporters !

On a serious note for Marlins yet another prop going off injured cant be good

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
I may be mistaken but weren't the Woodies flying under the radar this time last year and there is still a lot to like about the young Uni side who will continue to learn and improve in time for return of their soups.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Fuck the 3rd tier. Another example yesterday of why we don't need it.
Lily go back to your U6s. Yesterday was the 3rd Tier - how good was it hey;).

Big plus with the NRC - more rugby to watch as the season is longer. Lot of work tp do to catch up with yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.