• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I've just watched the Gower incident several times courtesy of ABC i-view (its about 27 minutes into the telecast) and I unconditionally withdraw my partial defence of Gower. He's a very big unit and he could have dealt with the interference with a nudge of his shoulder or an elbow to the chest. I suspect he's in for a long holiday and deservedly so.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Would be really interested in hearing how Conrad Gillingham goes/is going for Warringah. Used to be in the Force academy.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
The extended powers of the TMO do not apply to club rugby. Peter Marshall did not have an option under the protocol.

Even if it was Super Rugby, I don't believe he could have done anything as the extended powers only allow the TMO to review it when asked by the referee.

Lastly IMO there is an issue if the TMO reports something that was identified by the broadcaster rather than by the TMO himself.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
If the TMO and other match officials miss the "incident", then the clubs still have the opportunity to cite the player.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
UNI 34 - Penrith 15

A loss for Penrith..Yes

Though obviously a bloody good effort put in by the Emus.

For a team that has been basically been written off for 2013

.That score playing Uni is respectable.

Well done.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
UNI 34 - Penrith 15

A loss for Penrith..Yes

Though obviously a bloody good effort put in by the Emus.

For a team that has been basically been written off for 2013

.That score playing Uni is respectable.

Well done.

Yes indeed but gee the rest of the grades are a worry in terms of an Emu cull come 2014 . My vote is as the Emu is a protected species (or should be in the case of SS ) and given Uni don't need him, Folau and other Super 15 players must go there next season to generate interest and depth from local - dare I suggest league players - otherwise running around in other comps .

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Crosspost from the Mighty Two Blues thread:

Thommo has hit upon a (perhaps not so) novel idea:

Excerpt from his match report on the Two Blues website:

Eric Tweedale a very happy birthday for Sunday 5 May. Eric is 92 years young. He caught the train down from the Central Coast as treat for his birthday to be at the game. Eric’s heart must strong to sit through the game and then lead the club song in the change room after the match. Maybe we could get some of Eric’s blood for our game next week. It’s certainly worth bottling or would that mean ASADA may step in? “ Happy Birthday Eric”.

For those who don't know, Eric is the oldest living Wallaby and Club Patron of the Mighty Two Blues. Eric made his Wallaby debut against NZ in 1946. He is an absolute bloody marvel.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
UP THE RATS! Another good win over a former powerhouse of the Shute Shield. It frustrates me as to how Uni are just in the Top 6. I will cry if they win another Premiership!

Late Starter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes indeed but gee the rest of the grades are a worry in terms of an Emu cull come 2014 . My vote is as the Emu is a protected species (or should be in the case of SS ) and given Uni don't need him, Folau and other Super 15 players must go there next season to generate interest and depth from local - dare I suggest league players - otherwise running around in other comps .

Agreed Galah. If the Waratahs sign a player who has no previous affiliation with a Sydney club then they should allocate them a club. Imagine the kind of fuss that would be made over Folau if he turned out for Penrith for just a single game? Sydney Rugby Union seem to want to keep a hold of Penrith so they don't lose ground in the west of Sydney but there's not much point unless they offer some support. Penrith should get some credit for turning out 4 grades each week because it's got to be pretty demoralising for the players to lose by big scores each week. I can imagine the appearance of Israel Folau at one or two home games, even if just to watch, would generate an increased amount of interest. My 3rd hand sources told me that basically Cheika told him he had to go to Uni or Randwick

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Can't burn my source but I am sure Dave Beat will be able to confirm.
Yes 6 weeks.
I was hoping the same leniency was going to be given that they gave Radike Samo 3 years back when he speared a Manly centre through the Manly cricket pitch in a similar fashion to the legendary Tony Grieg and his key. An incident that was far more dirty than Ed's brush off the other week.

Alas they didn't - Ed is having a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.