• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Enjoyed reading that, Boyo. Thanks.

I noted the comments about Tim Davidson as well. I've never met the man but I can well imagine what an ornament to our great game he is. Everything I've ever read about the bloke or heard him say backs that up.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Shute Shield Awards 2013 next Friday night

The nominees for the 2013 Ken Catchpole Medal (in alphabetical order by club) are:
Andrew Shaw (Eastern Suburbs)
Ben Batger (Eastwood)
Hugh Perrett (Eastwood)
Bill Meakes (Northern Suburbs)
Kotoni Ale (Manly)
Lopeti Timani (Southern Districts)
Rohan Saifoloi (Southern Districts)
Tim Davidson (Sydney University)
Greg Jeloudev (Sydney University)
Tom Kingston (Sydney University)
Dave Harvey (Warringah)
Josh Holmes (Warringah)

As well as the Ken Catchpole Medal, other awards to be announced are:
Rookie of the Year: Last year - Jed Holloway
Roscoe Fay Trophy (most points)
David Brockhoff Medal (Coach of the year)
Dick Byres Award (Referee of the Year)
Will Tanner award (Country Player of the Year)

Source:http://www.nswrugby.com.au/NSWRugby/News/NewsArticle/tabid/374/ArticleID/10159/Default.aspx

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Shute Shield Awards 2013 next Friday night

The nominees for the 2013 Ken Catchpole Medal (in alphabetical order by club) are:
Andrew Shaw (Eastern Suburbs)
Ben Batger (Eastwood)
Hugh Perrett (Eastwood)
Bill Meakes (Northern Suburbs)
Kotoni Ale (Manly)
Lopeti Timani (Southern Districts)
Rohan Saifoloi (Southern Districts)
Tim Davidson (Sydney University)
Greg Jeloudev (Sydney University)
Tom Kingston (Sydney University)
Dave Harvey (Warringah)
Josh Holmes (Warringah)

As well as the Ken Catchpole Medal, other awards to be announced are:
Rookie of the Year: Last year - Jed Holloway
Roscoe Fay Trophy (most points)
David Brockhoff Medal (Coach of the year)
Dick Byres Award (Referee of the Year)
Will Tanner award (Country Player of the Year)

Source:http://www.nswrugby.com.au/NSWRugby/News/NewsArticle/tabid/374/ArticleID/10159/Default.aspx
Anyone know the nominees for Rookie of the Year?

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I don't believe they have nominees for rookie as it is selected by the Tahs. The Catchpole nominees are the Top 10 list from the points given by the referees.
For rookie, I would think the following are under consideration: Lolohea, Alofa Alofa, Killingworth, Porecki and Gibbon (if he has rookie status).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
There have been some big wraps for Horwitz this year.

He was taken to Argentina with the Tahs Development tour.

He must be one of the leading contenders for the Rookie of the Year.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I hate to break it to you, but the rest of the country is just not interested in watching Sydney club rugby. Sorry.

Not sure if you count ACT as being in the rest of the country, but the ABC's coverage on Saturday gives us the only chance to watch and try to assess the players we would otherwise not hear about. I think others around the country would likewise appreciate that opportunity if it was available. For example, I think there are some potential Super players that I will keep an eye on as they come through in Saifoloi, Ale, Munroe (Randwick lock), the Manly centres and Mac? the Woodies' centre.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Not sure if you count ACT as being in the rest of the country, but the ABC's coverage on Saturday gives us the only chance to watch and try to assess the players we would otherwise not hear about. I think others around the country would likewise appreciate that opportunity if it was available. For example, I think there are some potential Super players that I will keep an eye on as they come through in Saifoloi, Ale, Munroe (Randwick lock), the Manly centres and Mac? the Woodies' centre.

Yes, we rugby tragics are interested. My wife and I live in SE Queensland now, we record the SS early on Tuesday morning; we would love to watch it live. But we, and you, are in a tiny minority.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The Camperdown juggernaught qualifies for next weeks Grand Final by a rather large margin over the Hobbits.

Hobbits were well below par due to injury and Wallaby selections.

Final score 47 - 19 to the Students.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The Camperdown juggernaught qualifies for next weeks Grand Final by a rather large margin over the Hobbits.

Hobbits were well below par due to injury and Wallaby selections.

Final score 47 - 19 to the Students.

Gee it's great to see this wonderful grassroots home of rugby in Camperdown doing so well, isn't it?

Kids all over Sydney must be rushing to join their local junior rugby teams, just for the opportunity to grow up and get thrashed by the Corporation!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
MMM may have played their Grand Final last weekend.

Looking fairly ordinary so far. Woodies scoring at will.

If they can keep this momentum going......

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Benn Robinson putting in some nice hits in defence, although Eastwood scrum copping a bit of stick from Manly.
And then Eastwood and Robbo prove me wrong!!

Status
Not open for further replies.