• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Beefing up Schoolboy (Aust/Aust A and NSWI/NSWII) points may not be all that successful because we all know that many Schoolboy stars do not maintain their advantage post school, despite the various academies and pathways that they have participated in.

I'd like to see some more benefit in terms of discount given to players who are developed through the junior system, although many Districts do very little to develop their own Juniors, it is the Village Clubs that are often independent of the District Club that should get the kudos for development.

The problem with extra credit for Juniors development is that it would encourage poaching and talented player hoarding strategies that some District Clubs are already being accused of, and we may be no better off than we currently are. For every regulation, there will be a loophole that the canny will exploit to their advantage.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Sydney University: 1 Laurie Weeks, 2 Tolu Latu, 3, Paddy Ryan, 4 Tom Boidin, 5. Liam Winton, 6 Dave Dennis, 7 Trent Dyer, 8 Tim Davidson (c), 9 Nick Phipps, 10 Stefano Hunt, 11 Greg Jeloudev, 12 Tom Carter, 13 Tom English, 14 Peter Betham, 15 Tom Kingston.

Good luck rest of the comp.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Sydney University: 1 Laurie Weeks, 2 Tolu Latu, 3, Paddy Ryan, 4 Tom Boidin, 5. Liam Winton, 6 Dave Dennis, 7 Trent Dyer, 8 Tim Davidson (c), 9 Nick Phipps, 10 Stefano Hunt, 11 Greg Jeloudev, 12 Tom Carter, 13 Tom English, 14 Peter Betham, 15 Tom Kingston.

As I said a clear and objective measure of non cash benefits for 2014.....

They may lack discipline at 13 !

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Intriguing message on Parra's Facebook page today - apparently there'll be a "massive" announcement on Saturday. Can't wait!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I actually feel sorry for Randwick 2's, Uni's 2 are scary

1. Alasdair King
2. James Willan
3. Sam Talakai
4. Tom Heslop
5. Byron Hodge
6. Benn Melrose
7.Stuart Goodman
8.Hugo Dessens
9.Richard Draper
10. Stuart Dunbar
11. Levi Dodd
12.James McMahon
13.James Dargaville
14.Nathan Trist
15.Alex Rokobaro

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I actually feel sorry for Randwick 2's, Uni's 2 are scary

1. Alasdair King
2. James Willan
3. Sam Talakai
4. Tom Heslop
5. Byron Hodge
6. Benn Melrose
7.Stuart Goodman
8.Hugo Dessens
9.Richard Draper
10. Stuart Dunbar
11. Levi Dodd
12.James McMahon
13.James Dargaville
14.Nathan Trist
15.Alex Rokobaro
Will be interesting, top 3 have only lost 2 games each all year. Randwick are strong and balanced across the park. Randwicks ball retention may be what wins.
Uni play percentage rugby and field position - they may kick away to much possession.
Last game I saw of Randwick 2's they simply retained the ball and scored tries.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Randwick will be up against it in all grades on Saturday. However, they have tenacity across all teams and will quite possibly give a few of the teams a fright with their attitude. Oh yes - don't let them get in front with twenty to go.
Uni have impressive depth as there are some very experienced quality players in their lower grades but I think attitude will be the key.

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
Very important final round coming for teams wanting to make the playoffs, we've got:

6. Eastern Suburbs 42pts they play Gordon
7. Randwick 40pts they play Sydney U
8. Warringah 39pts they play Eastwood
--------------------------------
9. Northern Suburbs 38pts they play West Harbour

Would expect Eastern Suburbs to stay in the 8. Warringah should be the most worried out of those teams I think, their poor points difference could really screw things for them. For Randwick I cant see them getting any points from their game so they are in a bit of trouble too.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)

It wouldn't surprise me if a few of these players get dropped with the Wallabies side announced this afternoon. Uni could see a few more added to this line up.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Two Blues farewelled popular Coach Glen Christini with a good win against a spirited Penrith score 34-24. Parra won all 4 grades (and the Women's match against a good Rockdale side).

Parramatta Reserves sneaked into the finals with a bonus point win!

5 out of 8 Parramatta sides qualified for the finals (3 Colts, Reserve Grade, and Women).

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Uni 78-0 over Randwick at Coogee. Wow.

Great news about Granville Oval though, well done to the Parra club in general, well deserved.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
So Eastwood's reward for finishing on top of the comp is to play Southern Districts.

But it doesn't matter much, does it? Only the Fatcats can win. What is the farking point?

refugee

Sydney Middleton (9)
Fat cats can lose
Need muscle up front, agro in the loose and speed in the backs.
Know anyone who has all three

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
Why are the students who finished 2nd playing Manly who finished 3rd at Manly Oval. Also why is Easts vs Norths being played at Chatswood. Is it a ground availability issue

Status
Not open for further replies.