• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2013 Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
Truckload of players from Easts have headed to the wicks but have not been released from Easts. Blakewell is trying to lure them back, interesting to see what will happen there?

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
I was talking to Mitch Greenways (gordon) dad last night at a xmas party and he wont be at gordon next year he has signed with the bay of plenty (itm cup) and has to be there in Feb so another good player leaves to play overseas, I would think a big lost to gordon.
Doesn't the ITM cup start later, be great to see Greenway in action in 2013. Was coming into good form. Another Warringah product openside. So many good 7s that have played for rats in the past. Michael Lipman, Beau Robinson, Aj Gilbert, Kotoni Ale.

juniors spectator

Stan Wickham (3)
In what sense are they "not released" ?
Unless players have signed a contract and money or similar exchanged or promised all players are free agents after the season...coaches and clubs often say they won't release players but in truth most of the time they cannot hold players.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Unless players have signed a contract and money or similar exchanged or promised all players are free agents after the season.coaches and clubs often say they won't release players but in truth most of the time they cannot hold players.
That's correct.
However I have come across a number of instances when there is a contractual agreement of sorts , but it is the club which has not met its obligations , in which case the
player can do what he likes.

Orange Peeler

Peter Burge (5)
MACCA,

Your right, I don't expect Israel to play any Shute Shield Games. I was just interested to see what Shute Shield Club he joins up with.

Interested party

Frank Nicholson (4)
I hope that's not correct! Surely it would be a good thing for Rugby in the west to have Israel Folau to be allied with Parramatta. Maybe it's about time a draft system should be discussed for S15 players joining clubs they have no allegiance with ie did not play Jnrs there.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I hope that's not correct! Surely it would be a good thing for Rugby in the west to have Israel Folau to be allied with Parramatta. Maybe it's about time a draft system should be discussed for S15 players joining clubs they have no allegiance with ie did not play Jnrs there.
Do a search on he forum, it was confirmed, and also a lot of thoughts.

Glen Christini

Peter Burge (5)
Do a search on he forum, it was confirmed, and also a lot of thoughts.

My understanding is it is now not confirmed. I think (opinion only) that they are planning on him playing for the Wallabies after Super rugby so I don't think he will be assigned a club.

I also think it is a massive missed opportunity for rugby in the West and to grow the game as a whole - for want of another word the whole thing is boring!

Status
Not open for further replies.