• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Saw a pretty reasonable game at Forshaw where Souths triumphed over Uni. The Uni forwards totally dominated the Souths pack at scrums, lineouts and pick-and-drive rucks yet couldn't post the rewards. Souths did some clever things when they got quick ball with Bracken KH showing some class. The Qld ref got most things right too!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Honestly I don't know any specific figure. It just looked like a large crowd. I had a look at the grandstand a few times, I thought it was more like half full but I couldnt disagree with 1/3. I'm often horrible at estimating but I was thinking between 1,500 and 2,500 overall.

Yes, I often hear about that famous Randwick game, I would love to see photos or footage from that match just to see what a packed out Chatty oval looks like.

Yep, a couple of thousand I guess. I was talking about the match in 1966 at Milner, the Bryan Palmer kids versus the very, very substantial Randwick side that won the comp that year, the Woodies made the grand final.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Crowds - let's pack the Village Green Manly on the weekend - support the Third Tier and club rugby.

ARU Board Member General Peter Cosgrove is making an appearance, it would be great to show him the passion and loyolty within club rugby.

Rugby in gods country.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Crowds - let's pack the Village Green Manly on the weekend - support the Third Tier and club rugby.

ARU Board Member General Peter Cosgrove is making an appearance, it would be great to show him the passion and loyolty within club rugby.

Rugby in gods country.
Similarly, after the success of Pacific Day, Parramatta are holding a juniors day this weekend when they take on Eastwood. Usual jumping castles and facepainting plus a Minis March Past from the district junior clubs before first grade and a prize draw for kids at half time. Given the big crowds the Woodies have been getting at home and the renewed interest in the resurgent Parra, I hope a good crowd turns up to support their initiative.

R

Redsfan

Odd question, but does anyone have the Rugby News (program) from last week? In it was an ad with the email for the Country rep side coach, and I need to know what that is... Any help greatly appreciated!

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Odd question, but does anyone have the Rugby News (program) from last week? In it was an ad with the email for the Country rep side coach, and I need to know what that is... Any help greatly appreciated!

If you miss one it is uploaded to their website each week.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
http://a8.sphotos.AK (Andrew Kellaway).fbcdn.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-ash3/545929_300156426734732_100002211320327_676524_897338801_n.jpg

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
Eastwood may have lost some key players but have still fielded a strong team. Forward pack should get over parra

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I see Stefano Hunt is playing 2s for Sydney uni. Never seen this lad play (other than a couple of minutes of Super Rugby if I recall correctly). Is he any good?

Cyril Towers (30)
I see Stefano Hunt is playing 2s for Sydney uni. Never seen this lad play (other than a couple of minutes of Super Rugby if I recall correctly). Is he any good?
Watched him play for Uni 2s in their big win over Norths last night. Had a very good game and scored a great individual try. I suspect he'll be in 1s before too long. Uni had a good win in the main game as well with Schwager, Talakai and Hickey being the standouts. Super franchises could do worse than picking up those three.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Parra 20 Eastwood 25 with a disallowed try to Parra at the siren in an exciting finish. And I hear Penrith managed a win over the Galloping Greens, well done guys!

O

Ole Two Blue

Parra 20 Eastwood 25 with a disallowed try to Parra at the siren in an exciting finish. And I hear Penrith managed a win over the Galloping Greens, well done guys!

we did drop the ball over the line though......so the ref's call was correct. Was great to see the 'Riff knocked off Randwick. And even better that Randwick are now stone motherless last.............I have never seen that in my lifetime and sincerely hope it continues.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
OTB: I have sympathy for your view. But I'm not sure it's good for the game. Uni need to come back to the pack in weekly basis and penrith need to start winning regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.