• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hubstable

Where to watch Aus/Ire

Will be at the finals prior to the Aus/Ireland game in two weeks time. Any suggestions on the best places to catch the game? I was thinking Paddington but seeing as I will be starting far from there I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks.

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
Teams are up on the NSW Rugby website for this weekend's games
2011 SHUTE SHIELD
Elimination Semi-Finals
Saturday 10 September
MANLY (3rd) v NORTHERN SUBURBS (6th) at Coogee Oval (3:10pm, ABC TV)
Manly: 1. Dane Maraki, 2. Anthony Hegarty, 3. Eddie Aholelei; 4. Ed Gower, 5. Cadeyrn Neville; 6. Kotoni Ale, 7. Michael Hooper, 8. Tevita Metuisela; 9. Chris Cottee [c], 10. Willie Ripia; 11. BJ Hartmann, 12. Robbie Coleman, 13. Andrew Smith, 14. Jacob Woodhouse; 15. Ben Seymour.
Northern Suburbs: 1. Scott Sio, 2. Ben Whittaker, 3. Al Baxter [c]; 4. Ben Matwijow, 5. Rory Walton; 6. Jordan Smiler, 7. Wil Brame, 8. AJ Gilbert; 9. Steve Evans, 10. Zack Holmes; 11. Bill Meakes, 12. Ben Murray, 13. Samu Wara, 14. Corey Brown; 15. Cam Crawford.
Referee: James Leckie
Sunday 11 September
EASTERN SUBURBS (4th) v RANDWICK (5th) at Coogee Oval (3:10pm, ABC TV)
Eastern Suburbs: 1. Ofa Fainga’anuku, 2. Sam Zlatevski, 3. Rob McMickan; 4. Matt McGann, 5. Phil Mathers; 6. Matt Hodgson, 7. Andrew Shaw, 8. Pauliasi Taumoepeau [c]; 9. Brendan McKibbin, 10. Dion Taumata; 11. Ratu Ma’afu, 12. Afusipa Taumoepeau, 13. Anton Lavin, 14. Damon Anderson; 15. Eddie Paea.
Randwick: 1. Cruze Ah-Nau, 2. Adam Freier, 3. Steven Noriega; 4. Nev McGee, 5. Geoff Ingram; 6. Ben Mowen, 7. Tim McGann [c], 8. Seilala Lam; 9. Josh Valentine, 10. Toby Browne; 11. Ethan Ford, 12. Bevu Tuqiri, 13. Tim Wright, 14. Atieli Pakalani; 15. Shaun Foley.

Some very strong looking teams - loving the look of the Manly backrow and backline.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Manly still have a couple more guys with pedigree coming off the bench. they should win this one and if they do and Ripia kicks well they will be alot closer to Uni than last time.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
fantastic effort. has he been skipper all season? I expect he hasn't even been playing all season right?

I am pretty sure he has played a few games, maybe more. Not sure about the captaincy, though. Maybe Phil Mathers was captain a bit earlier, but he has been out for quite a while.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
I am pretty sure he has played a few games, maybe more. Not sure about the captaincy, though. Maybe Phil Mathers was captain a bit earlier, but he has been out for quite a while.

The general consensus round the campfire was that Mathers was not the best captain, though I suspect it was largely due to the fact he was an inexperienced captain, and the injury allowed Coach Fear to change the captaincy without actually having to make a call on it.

Also hearing rumours Easts have been unable to pay players what was promised......similar to Gordon a few years back. Can anyone confirm?

F

fran

this year is the year of the mighty....very mighty woodsmen!!! go woodies! all the way in 11.

S

Shoreman

Good game today between Manly and Norths. Norths had a great start, scoring a couple of early tries, but a couple of long-range Manly tries with 14 men on the field just before the half-time break ended up being the difference. Unfortunately for Norths, Cam Crawford was ruled out of the game following his concussion agains Eastwood last week - it would have been interesting to see whether his inclusion would have changed the result. Final score: Manly 34 - Norths 23.

Really proud of the Norths boys, the effort was there right until the end. It has been a really positive season for the Red and Black with a good squad of young, talented guys. It has been a long time since Norths have had a team with such potential, and I really hope that they stick together for next season. I am especially looking forward to seeing the continued development of Josh Holmes and Cam Crawford in the Brumbies colours next year. Scott Sio is also one to watch over the next couple of years.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Good game today between Manly and Norths. Norths had a great start, scoring a couple of early tries, but a couple of long-range Manly tries with 14 men on the field just before the half-time break ended up being the difference. Unfortunately for Norths, Cam Crawford was ruled out of the game following his concussion agains Eastwood last week - it would have been interesting to see whether his inclusion would have changed the result. Final score: Manly 34 - Norths 23.

Really proud of the Norths boys, the effort was there right until the end. It has been a really positive season for the Red and Black with a good squad of young, talented guys. It has been a long time since Norths have had a team with such potential, and I really hope that they stick together for next season. I am especially looking forward to seeing the continued development of Josh Holmes and Cam Crawford in the Brumbies colours next year. Scott Sio is also one to watch over the next couple of years.

I agree, it was a good game. Though I must admit, while watching it I always felt that once Manly got some possession after the positive Norths start it would be a fait accompli. Nonetheless, the Norths boys gave it a real crack. I think you also meant to type Zack Holmes, who looks the goods after seeing him a few times this year. Agree on comment on Crawford and Sio as well, though Sio really needs to improve his scrummaging. But hey, the kid is barely 20 and that will come. I actually felt the turning point was when Whittaker came off and the oldest man in the comp, Podmore came on. They lost a lot there in my opinion. How old is Podmore anyway? By the look of him, he must be nearing 40.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
He is about 29 but he was bald at 21.

geez, he's the oldest looking 29 year old in history!!! And it aint the hair (or lack thereof) I am referring to. He just looks old in the face and in his movement. But good luck to him, he's achieved 1 thing I never did.......a semi final in Sydney comp in 1st Grade.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Great win by the wicks, coming from 16 points down against Easts..
What were Easts thinking that last couple of minutes?? Playing for the penalty???

Also a fantastic win by wicks 2nd grade on saturday. Beaten 62-15 the week before by Manly, with the same team, beat manly in the 3rd (manly) vs 6th (randwick) elimination semi, 38-26. Randwick had one man in the bin for ten mins and scored twice while he was off, then played the last 15 mins with 14 men after a red card. Great spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.