• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F1Fan

Gourley was a very good player in both codes. I remember he got into a couple of stouches with the lions pair of locks Wade Dooley and Paul Ackford and didn't fare too well.

You can always tell a club isn't travelling too well when they dust off an old legend and attempt to play him. The Rats will be wooden spooners this year. They will have good competition from Gordon and Penrith.

Gourley played for Manly is whole rugby career so why would he come back at 42 at their arch rivals.....................surely it can't be $$$$
As for Rats being wooden spooners, I think they'll have a tough year..............who the hell is their back row going to be for starters? But I reckon their local boys have too much pride on the green jersey to finish last.

I reckon wooden spoon will be a toss up between Wests and Penrith

P

Parra GM

Out of the player mentioned know that
Latinipulu - Souths
Fakafanua - Parra
Ayoub - Randwick
Volavola - Souths

Also Steve Mafi with Leicster in England and will probably return to Parra when back in Aust.

A very interesting off season. Mass defections from Gordon, Wests, Penrith and Warringah. Build ups by Manly, Parra, Eastwood and Souths and not much change at Uni, Norths, Easts and Randwick. Add the extended Super season to the mix and it could be an a topsy turvey year.

Mafi wont be coming to Parra. He has a year to run on a contract with that mob at Concord.

Looks like Wests dont have a 10 either with Ayoub and Volavola gone.

R

rugby_man

Yes, Moekiola was added to the list towards the end of last year. I have heard the same about Kingston. He is a class act. Very quick off the mark. He is one to watch for this year.

D

deefence

Gourley played for Manly is whole rugby career so why would he come back at 42 at their arch rivals.....................surely it can't be $$$$
As for Rats being wooden spooners, I think they'll have a tough year..............who the hell is their back row going to be for starters? But I reckon their local boys have too much pride on the green jersey to finish last.

I reckon wooden spoon will be a toss up between Wests and Penrith

Scott Gourley was a Woodies man - he played lower grades at Manly a few years after his league career finished, his younger brother also played at the woodies featuring in the undefeated 1992 first grade colts premiership team....

yellow card

Peter Burge (5)
In the Manly Daily (blindside) this afternoon.

Brock joins Marlins
UTILITY back Brock McGarity is the latest player to join the Manly Marlins for the 2011 Shute Shield.

McGarity will head south after a couple of frustrating seasons at the Rats where he failed to lock up a top-grade position.

His signing comes on top of the Marlins securing Ed Gower (Gordon), Kotoni Ale (Warringah) and Easts’ youngster, Jacob Woodhouse.

Ale’s move to Manly has already paid off, with the young back-rower currently in Canberra training with the Brumbies.

P

Parra GM

Scott Gourley was a Woodies man - he played lower grades at Manly a few years after his league career finished, his younger brother also played at the woodies featuring in the undefeated 1992 first grade colts premiership team....

My mistake. Sorry bout that one. Still begs the question though, why the hell would he come back now at 42 and to the Rats? I am hoping it is only for their Kenyan tour..........for his sake

S

Spectator101

Word around the camp fire is Harvey was at Gordon training last week

Harvey is staying. He signed a 2 year contract that cant get out of so is on the recruitment campaign to make the other players stay.

yellow card

Peter Burge (5)
Harvey is staying. He signed a 2 year contract that cant get out of so is on the recruitment campaign to make the other players stay.

great news , and if he can keep a few from going and with Greenway they should have a good year , i dont mean winning the sheild be on the road of rebuilding

F

F1Fan

Maybe coz no-one else will have him! I heard he asked a struggling club for 25K this time 12 months ago. One thing for sure. He wont be on that at Gordon

P

Parra GM

Interesting. He shopped himself around pretty hard. Seems Gordon must've put their foot down.

F

F1Fan

It seems Easts have been quite agressive too in recruitment. Rumours still wont go away that Campese Maafu is heading to Woollahra. Any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.