• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SF2 Hurricanes v Chiefs

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yep .couldn't agree more. Perhaps my thinking was coloured by watching the podcast of Jase Ryan where he said how a big step up it was to test rugby form even finals in Super rugby etc. I not a seer mate, just impression he gave, and coaches saying 80% of team picked at beginning of year?

The interesting thing is. There's not that many proven test players in the loosie mix. A lot of talent but only Ardie and to some degree Paps are really established test loosies (if you aren't picking Cane). Of course there will be at least three squads picked this year and presumably the end of year tour squad will be larger so there could be opportunities.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pretty solid game of rugby. I reckon the Brumbies would have done much better against the Canes than the Chiefs or Blues.

Gardner such a better referee and should get all the big tests.
I didn't agree with jakobson yellow for a slightly late clean hit and let TJ get away with what was a red card all day a year or 2 ago.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Brumbies Canes fans, your team in no way let you down. I honestly think they played well, beaten by a team that went better on night (well first half anyway), The bad luck you had with losing etc I think hurt a little more. The game was won I thought in first 20, and bugger all in it after that. A dominant scrum certainly counts rightly or wrongly for a hell of a lot in this day and age

View attachment 19402
Get your point mate, fairly similar in a lot of ways both semis in won if first 20 etc.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The interesting thing is. There's not that many proven test players in the loosie mix. A lot of talent but only Ardie and to some degree Paps are really established test loosies (if you aren't picking Cane). Of course there will be at least three squads picked this year and presumably the end of year tour squad will be larger so there could be opportunities.
Couldn't agree more Kiwi, can see Sititi or/and Lakai getting run against Fiji or Japan. Maybe even as an apprentice type thing ? Wonder who will come in as 3rd hooker if Samisoni's calf is bad as it looked, they ysyally take a bit of getting over.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Couldn't agree more Kiwi, can see Sititi or/and Lakai getting run against Fiji or Japan. Maybe even as an apprentice type thing ? Wonder who will come in as 3rd hooker if Samisoni's calf is bad as it looked, they ysyally take a bit of getting over.
Dan a good game and well ref'd. What I didn't understand was the tactic of letting the Chiefs run whilst they shut your team down with a rush D. Any reasons? Also, I thought your guys were a bit slow to the breakdown on occasion.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dan a good game and well ref'd. What I didn't understand was the tactic of letting the Chiefs run whilst they shut your team down with a rush D. Any reasons? Also, I thought your guys were a bit slow to the breakdown on occasion.
Basically in all honesty mate, I think we got beaten up at breakdown and didn't react quick enough? I think the Chiefs (especially first 20 or so)got across gainline in close that Canes couldn't get back and set their 'D'? Similar to Chiefs/Reds game the week before, I get impression Chiefs have learnt the secret of fast start. I also don't under estimate the DMac affect, players seemed jumpy that he was going to break. Think they will learn a lot from it.