• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SF2 Hurricanes v Chiefs

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez I not in anyway too confident as a Canes man for this game. Chiefs were bloody good on Friday, and did the damage where Canes have strength, at loose forward.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
HURRICANES (1-15): Pouri-Rakete-Stones, Asafo Aumua, Tyrel Lomax, Justin Sangster, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Brad Shields (c), Peter Lakai, Brayden Iose, TJ Perenara, Brett Cameron, Salesi Rayasi, Jordie Barrett, Billy Proctor, Josh Moorby, Ruben Love

RESERVES: James O'Reilly, Tevita Mafileo, Pasilio Tosi, James Tucker, Devan Flanders, Du'Plessis Kirifi, Richard Judd, Bailyn Sullivan

CHIEFS (1-15): Aidan Ross, Samisoni Taukei'aho, George Dyer, Jimmy Tupou, Tupou Vaa'i, Samipeni Finau, Luke Jacobson (c), Wallace Sititi, Cortez Ratima, Damian McKenzie, Etene Nanai Seturo, Rameka Poihipi, Anton Lienert-Brown, Emoni Narawa, Shaun Stevenson

RESERVES: Bradley Slater, Jared Proffit, Reuben O'Neill, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Simon Parker, Xavier Roe, Quinn Tupaea, Daniel Rona

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That's a couple of decent teams! The loose forward and centres battle is going to be worth watching, even without the rest!
Bit worried about the 6-2 split.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I'm sorry, @Dan54. It's written in the stars. Canes are done this week, and the Chiefs will need to travel to the concrete eski next week to face the might of Australian Rugby.
Mate I like your optimism, and you could well be right too. But I just worry about this week for now. ;)

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
As a Force fan whose team wasn't in contention and as the Brumbies fall as Australia's last great hope. Inevitably the heart turns to the team of my dads birth. The many happy memories of times spent in the windy city. Watching the planes land at WLG from Mt Victoria, catching the cable car from Kelburn into Lambton Quay, walks along Oriental Bay, shopping at Kirks and chocolate fish at the local store up the road from nannas house in Karori overlooking Mt Johnson. I guess what I'm trying to say is Go You Hurricanes you good things!! Happy hunting!

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I'm sorry, @Dan54. It's written in the stars. Canes are done this week, and the Chiefs will need to travel to the concrete eski next week to face the might of Australian Rugby.
Well mate, maybe it only written in pencil in the stars. The first part has been changed anyway!! ;)

C'mon the Canes!!!!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
LOL Titty Hands Shields manages to drop the ball as he leaves the dressing room and things immediately spiral from there, down 17-0 after 3 minutes LOL go you good bogan f***s home final here we come baybee

capalaba

Chris McKivat (8)
Well the Chiefs are doing to the Hurricanes what they did to the Reds. Committing big units to the breakdowns and not operating nine 3 man pods.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Is it clear and obvious that Finau still has a hand/finger on the ball? Because I certainly don't think it is...

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Is it clear and obvious that Finau still has a hand/finger on the ball? Because I certainly don't think it is...
Well if I was calling it I perhaps wouldn't but I would stick with the TMO anyway!
Bu geez this is bloody great rugby!

Just how good is young Sititi for the Chiefs?