• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

S15R14 Blues vs Stormers @ Eden Park - 2011R14

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Well done. What a game by my Paarl Gim laaities Sadie/Duvenhage/Schalk. Sadie is an excellent talent and knew since Prymary School days he is going to be a Bok one day. Dewaldt did Paarl Gyms place kicking and that last one was great. This need to be celebrated, one hell of a win and unexpected. Coetzee should give this midfield pairing more playtime and rest that Bok duo.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Some bad options there in the end (jeez Saili....why the hell did you kick that ball??!?!) and that missed kick at the death could have been the game but bloody hell I get pissed off when ref miss things like that f**kn HUGE forward pass a few plays before Boric gave up that penalty....WTF are the assistant refs doing??

My wife is telling me 'It's just a game'.....lol

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Nice comment, about in line with expection to be honest VFR.

Great game of rugby and kudos to the stormers for not giving up. DeJongh was unstoppable in the middle which ompletely turned the game on it's head. I thought the blues had it won after Turner's try, but the Stormers never lacked belief. Full credit to Schalk & the Stormers, a hell of a win on the back of adversity.

Blues have got the wobbles!

Check the stats. Both Blue tries, in particular the first, were not based on any kind of lead up.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Some bad options there in the end (jeez Saili....why the hell did you kick that ball??!?!) and that missed kick at the death could have been the game but bloody hell I get pissed off when ref miss things like that f**kn HUGE forward pass a few plays before Boric gave up that penalty....WTF are the assistant refs doing??

Oh vok another ref basher! Thought he kept you in the game in the first half.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)

Blues were not pinged once for being off-side and they were on plenty of occasions.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Paarl, what's the background of Rynhardt Elstadt, he seems to have come from nowhere. Very good player imo

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Paarl, what's the background of Rynhardt Elstadt, he seems to have come from nowhere. Very good player imo
Elstadt comes from the Boland (Montagu) and went the Maties and WP youth route. He is actually a 7 flanker retrade lock. Played SA U20.

SQUAD LISTDHL Stormers Vodacom Super Rugby - 2011
Vodacom Western Province ABSA Currie Cup Premier Division - 2010
Western Province Absa Currie Cup Compulsory Friendlies - 2010
Western Province Vodacom Cup - 2010
Maties FNB Varsity Cup - 2010
Western Province ABSA Under 21 Competition - 2009
South Africa IRB Junior World Championships - 2009
Vodacom Western Province u19 ABSA Under 19 Competition - 2008
Boland U18 Coca-Cola Craven Week - 2007
Boland U18 Coca Cola Craven Week - 2006
Boland U16 Coca Cola Grant Khomo Week - 2005

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

I'm not a Blues fan and I was screaming at him when he kicked that - just cannot fathom why anyone would attempt such a low percentage kick as Saili did, when a good old up and under would have been the go. Pat Lam must be still extracting his head from the wall he would have put it through!!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Oh vok another ref basher! Thought he kept you in the game in the first half.

LOL...nah, just pissed off cos I jumped off the couch with the full-on fist-pumps when I saw it - thinking that was gonna be the game....lol

Blues were not pinged once for being off-side and they were on plenty of occasions.

If teams are called for off-side a couple of times, they usually don't keep infringing....BTW, the Blues are one lucky team - 38 'flukey' tries this year so far I think....Pat Lam should go buy a lotto ticket....

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Check the stats. Both Blue tries, in particular the first, were not based on any kind of lead up.

It's called scoring from broken play. Many great teams have won many things on the back of it. It's a basic concept of rugby, and thus I'm not surprised you haven't grasped it to be honest.

What I saw in the first half, the Blues dominated the game & the Stormers gave away penalties which were all dutifully kicked for a 16 point half time lead. I.e, the blues dominated the territory and posession. But I guess that doesn't count... Anyway, enough of that.

Paarl - you should be stoked fella, that was a real victory for your lot. We've had some stoushes in the past over Schalk, but he had a blinder tonight, seems like a great leader and also a likable fella from the interviews. Anyway, enjoy your beers tonight - well earned.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
It's called scoring from broken play. Many great teams have won many things on the back of it. It's a basic concept of rugby, and thus I'm not surprised you haven't grasped it to be honest.

What I saw in the first half, the Blues dominated the game & the Stormers gave away penalties which were all dutifully kicked for a 16 point half time lead. I.e, the blues dominated the territory and posession. But I guess that doesn't count... Anyway, enough of that.

Paarl - you should be stoked fella, that was a real victory for your lot. We've had some stoushes in the past over Schalk, but he had a blinder tonight, seems like a great leader and also a likable fella from the interviews. Anyway, enjoy your beers tonight - well earned.

Yep, resort to an ad hominem attack. The Blues were smashed in most areas.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)

The ABs have only won a single wc on the back of it.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Glad to see AC finally pick the youngsters in 10/12/13. This is Klein Johann Sadies big change. He has been living under Robert Ebersohns shadow for years and this game will be make or break for one of Paarl Gym's midfield gems. He sure as hell have a fine smell for the smallest of gaps and know the word using space inside out and quick as lighting. If Pie Vreter feed our backline quick I think we can see some damage from 13/11/14 in this one. Defensively I am more worried, our structure may struggled after all these chagnes but big boots to be fill by Cronje, JdJ and Klein Johann. Get past this one with honour and they'll be well set for the future.

The Stormers also picked a full fattie frontrow on the bench. Would love to see our Ginger Fattie Kitshoff starting in this one. If we can dominate 1st phase in this match , an upset on the cards.

Still dont understand Ranger on the bench, but so be it.

Paarl, That was a great call on Sadie. He seems to be able to find a gap to run into anywhere, even when there isn't one.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The ABs have only won a single wc on the back of it.

not to mention the best win/loss ration of any team in almost any sport in history, the no.1 world ranking, the Tri-Nations, the Bledisloe (for the past 8 years is it?), and the general consensus of being the best rugby team in the world....

....yeah, it's real tough winning that way.....

:D

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
not to mention the best win/loss ration of any team in almost any sport in history, the no.1 world ranking, the Tri-Nations, the Bledisloe (for the past 8 years is it?), and the general consensus of being the best rugby team in the world....

....yeah, it's real tough winning that way.....

:D
Bullrush, don't feed the fire. :)
And qwerty51 too.
And anyone else.
Blues v Stormers it is.

R

RuckinGoodStats

The turning point came in the 49th minute when the Stormers stopped losing possession/turning over the ball. They had made 20 lost possessions/turnovers up to the 49th minute, but only 25 for the entire game. Once they controlled the ball, they controlled the game!

The Stormers limited the number of lineout throw in the Blues had (the lowest number of lineouts for the Blues throw in all season). They didn't kick for touch unless they had a penalty to get the throw.

In the second half the Blues spent 2 minutes and 11 seconds inside the Stormers 22, compared with the Stormers who spend 1 minute and 31 seconds, but converted this into points."

Status
Not open for further replies.