• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: WAL v URU (Millenium) Pool D

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I thought it was very poor form, the Welsh commentator saying it was a good thing the Uruguayan player didn't take a dive. Talk about casual sterotyping.

What channel are you watching? FS2 has an Englishman and an Irishman

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You know this is kind of disgraceful refereeing. Poite is being VERY lenient to the Uruguayans(?) in the scrum. If that was Aus in the scrum he'd penalise us every time. I understand why he's doing it but I think you have to referee a fair game.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Yet more injuries for the Wale. Corey Allen gone now and rumours of a prop as well who you would assume is James. Have the Welsh players got too big over the summer? EDIT I think it is even worse than that, Lee and James have tight calves (compartment syndrome?) and Jarvis has popped a rib cartilage. That leaves only three fit props in the squad. Someone might have to be dropped out of the squad just so Wales can name four props for Saturday and once you are subbed out you can't come back in. The Bandy Legged assassin has a dead leg as well.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yet more injuries for the Wale. Corey Allen gone now and rumours of a prop as well who you would assume is James. Have the Welsh players got too big over the summer? EDIT I think it is even worse than that, Lee and James have tight calves (compartment syndrome?) and Jarvis has popped a rib cartilage. That leaves only three fit props in the squad. Someone might have to be dropped out of the squad just so Wales can name four props for Saturday and once you are subbed out you can't come back in. The Bandy Legged assassin has a dead leg as well.

Will make victory even sweeter.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Too many injuries now Allen out James and lee injured wont know until later today/tomorrow, Williams looks like a dead leg but could be more also no news on AWJ could have been a worst injury than first suspected.

I fear another Galant year, but losses, half our bloody team are injured.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Too many injuries now Allen out James and lee injured wont know until later today/tomorrow, Williams looks like a dead leg but could be more also no news on AWJ could have been a worst injury than first suspected.

I fear another Galant year, but losses, half our bloody team are injured.
Nah. Saw it in a dream last night.

Awj will play against orcs. The man formerly known as Toby will play. Samson will play a half replaced by Francis. Baldwin and melon in front row. Sanjay will be rested and Morgan will replace him. Nipper, Biggar, dr jaw, Scott Williams, cuthbert dropped, Amos and gogzilla.

Ok I grant you the bench will look like Scutari during the Crimean war. But the best news Dai is we win! Then A hospital train will be waiting in Paddington to whisk them back to a secret location where they will be put the bits back together ready to play Australia.

So that's the England game sorted. Immediate Problem is finding a 2nd xv team for Fiji

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Btw. Back row is a dilemma. Warbs was captain Anonymous at blind side flanker and yet tips is wasted on the bench

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
We don't want this to be the mauling world cup.

Sadly it's already the mauling world cup. I think every game has had at least one try from a rolling maul and some teams go to the maul from every lineout - in many cases looking for the penalty.

From what I've seen, referees only know 2 penalty infringements at the maul: 1 defending playing joining from the side, and
2 defending player/s collapsing

Nothing else is penalised.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
I thought it was very poor form, the Welsh commentator saying it was a good thing the Uruguayan player didn't take a dive. Talk about casual sterotyping.

Welsh commentator? He's lucky there wasn't an Uruguayan in the box with him - would've been able to tell the Welshie that, unlike Wales, they've at least won 2 world cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.