• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: WAL v URU (Millenium) Pool D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
What, no thread for the pool A minnows?

I don't have a lot to put here except that you can get better than 100/1 for the upset. 500/1 for better than 13. A spare gold coin can go a long way on that.

Jeromio Etcheverry seems to have been left out of Los Teros. I'm not sure why, as yet.

I don't want to get to excited about chances of an upset, but don't forget that these blokes believe in themselves. Many have quit their jobs and one has even left his missus. It's serious business for them.

With Wales a bit short - and not being a super-high scoring team, either, Uruguay might take this a lot closer than you might expect.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Teams:

Wales:

1 - Paul James
2 - Scott Baldwin
3 - Samson Lee
4 - Jake Ball
5 - Luke Charteris
6 - Sam Warburton (Capt)
7 - Justin Tipuric
8 - James King
9 - Gareth Davies
10 - Rhys Priestland
11 - Hallam Amos
12 - Scott Williams
13 - Cory Allen
14 - Alex Cuthbert
15 - Liam Williams
16 - Ken Owens
17 - Aaron Jarvis
18 - Tom Francis
19 - Dominic Day
20 - Dan Lydiate
21 - Ross Moriarty
22 - Lloyd Williams
23 - Matthew Morgan

Uruguay:

1 - Alejo Corral
2 - Carlos Arboleya
3 - Mario Sagario
4 - Santiago Vilaseca
5 - Jorge Zerbino
6 - Juan Manuel Gaminara
7 - Matias Beer
8 - Alejandro Nieto
9 - Agustin Ormaechea
10 - Felipe Berchesi
11 - Rodrigo Silva
12 - Andres Vilaseca
13 - Joaquin Prada
14 - Santiago Gibernau
15 - Gaston Mieres
16 - German Kessler
17 - Oscar Duran
18 - Mateo Sanguinetti
19 - Franco Lamanna
20 - Agustin Alonso
21 - Juan De Freitas
22 - Alejo Duran
23 - Francisco Bulanti

Ref - Romain Poite (France)

Scrums will be interesting with these two teams and Poite in charge.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fortunately the gnome hasn't been around since I packed him off to help the saffers the other day. Hopefully he's satisfied with wreaking havoc in Brighton

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's a shame that Uruguay don't have the same political clout as the ARU and have to play this game in Wales............

Not that it's likely to affect the outcome, but it's still a tad unfair on a minnow team, particularly when Wales, not being a host nation, have no right to home advantage.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I wish the officials would crack down on the maul. They're blowing all these pedantic penalties for players not keeping their feet at the ruck but players joining the maul ahead of the ball is never penalised and it has a much bigger effect on the game.

We don't want this to be the mauling world cup.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I thought it was very poor form, the Welsh commentator saying it was a good thing the Uruguayan player didn't take a dive. Talk about casual sterotyping.

Status
Not open for further replies.