• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: SCO v JAP (Kingsholm) - Pool B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Japanese will beat USA and Samoa so Group qualification is gonna come down to sa vs Scotland and bonus points. Can't wait

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm not entirely convinced Scotland will beat Samoa, but they will start as favorites for sure for that match.

I think Scotland will find the big hitting Samoans more difficult than the Japanese. Japan just needs a few days off to recover emotionally and they'll be good to go again. I fancy they might win both their next two games and still miss the finals for bonus points.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Normal service resumed...

Scotland played well....Japan not so well

Scotland vs SA game will be interesting...I reckon Scotland and SA still favourites to advance from this pool.

As I am not so sure that Japan will beat USA and Samoa....hopefully they find that consistency they showed against SA. As they made more errors in first 20 minutes than they did in whole 80 minutes against SA. And defensively fell apart in second half but in fairness fatigue may have set in given short turn around so prepared to wait until their next game to give them some benefit of doubt.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Scotland didn't offer much at all until Japan ran out of legs.
Both Samoa & USA can beat them IMO.
It's a really interesting pool.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I thought Japan were the better team for 50 minutes but they failed to take chances and all the refs calls were going against them. Why the neck roll cleanout wasn't picked up by the TMO is beyond me as it came up in the replay. In other games the TMO's have been all over any hint of foul play.

The 4 day turnaround proved too much in the final 30, but it may have been different had Japan been up by 10 after 50 mins like they probably should have been.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
great game, enjoyed it.

Did the right thing today, no GAGR, no ROAR, did not even think of looking at a site on the internet to avoid any hints of the games replayed today or their results.

Plan the viewing, the full replays stared at midday with the aus game. woohoo, avoided all of the traps that prevent knowing the results.

Go down to make a cup of coffee before the next replay (and did not the romanians do themselves proud?) and lo and fuck9ing behold, as I come up the stairs I can hear foxtel. Something called (I think) RWC Updates.

Man, I was not even in the room so had no fucking chance to hit MUTE and the fucking arsehole tells me that 'scotland hammers japan to put an end to the fairytale' or whatever his actual words were.

Fuck me fucking dead right fucking now. You mean to say those fucking idiots have no fucking idea that some people might be watching fucking REPLAYS of games on the other side of the world and would like to watch them without knowing the fucking results?

For christs sake, if I wanted to ruin my enjoyment of the world cup by knowing the results beforehand I would fucking tune in to the sports news channel, it's only two stations down.

But these fucking bozos tell us BEFORE the fucking replay we are about to watch the fucking results?

Grow a brain you twerps. God, I was so damned angry.

The ONLY reason I pay exorbitant rates for two hundred channels of shit on foxtel is for the rugby, and on the most important occasions like the world cup they tell us beforehand what the results are?

Change the title from 'World cup updates' to 'We want to fuck you up the arse by ruining your enjoyment because we tell you the results of the games beforehand hahahaha you fucking suckers'

WHO to or HOW the hell do I complain?

Jesus fucking H christ, why not think just a little bit for gods sake.

AND, besides all that, what fucking game were these idiots watching? The game I saw was NOT a runaway, it was NOT a thumping (or whatever words they used), I saw a damned fine game with an amazingly brave performance from the minnows that were willing up to and after the final siren. I saw a fourteen point turnaround (scotland should have had a guy in the bin at that time, as japan had had earlier) and only after that did scotland seemingly run away with it.

So these idiots tell us the result before the game, yet cannot even get it right??

Christ, I almost did not watch it, oh well, the fairytale burst quickly. Bullshit, as far as i am concerned the japanese fairytale is alive and kicking like a mule.

How would scotland have gone if the roles were reversed? If they were on a five day turnaround and japan were fresh. God, it so could have easily gone the other way as it was.

Fucking morons at foxtel.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why do people get so upset at getting the result spoilt? Each to their own of course but whenever I've watched a game delayed I'll check the result first and then watch, even found it better that way as sometimes I'm perplexed how exactly a team scores in a situation.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
well I can only speak for myself, but to me knowing the result beforehand kinda defeats the purpose. After all, is that what sport is about?

For example, the other game (jap vs SA) that annoyingly I found out about, well you lose the drama of 'will they or won't they', 'can they or not' of that dramatic final moments.

Why not just wait a few months and then watch the 2015 RWC? After all, you would already know the results.

Agree, each to their own. It is simply that after studiously avoiding all contact that could give away results I was fucked over by foxtel themselves giving it way in an ad break JUST BEFORE the games I was about to watch.

For what damned purpose? As I say, there is a boring channel that (over and over every half hour) tells you the results. If I wanted to know (as you seem to) then it is easy to switch and find out. Why ruin it for the MANY (surely) who for whatever reason cannot watch it live?

It is the absolute stupidity of it that rankles.

AND, who do I complain to. I feel powerless. And I have little doubt (if they are so stupid to not realise many would be watching the first replay as their initial contact with the game) that they would even listen to (what I believe to be) a rational complaint.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well if you knew the score and were watching up to 60min you'll be engaged while watching to work out how the bloody Scots put 4 tries on so quickly. Knowing the score doesn't change the entertainment, it still happens and you can watch it. You can still watch Mafi run through the whole Scot team.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
OR, I could do that in another viewing whilst maintaining the integrity of the first watching.

Anyway, we disagree on this point so that's it from me.

thanks

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If you IQ the live match and then watch that you won't have to deal with spoilers.

If you're watching repeat viewings, you're essentially at their mercy.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
If you IQ the live match and then watch that you won't have to deal with spoilers.

If you're watching repeat viewings, you're essentially at their mercy.

Actually, I did wonder if that was the plan. Bet they make money off IQ units.

Sorry qwerty, I guess I should have/tried to make the point that if you want to know the results beforehand (as you say, each to their own) then it is very easy to do agreed?

BUT, you have little choice when they tell you anyway. Not even a 'beware, spoiler alert' to go with this RWC update bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.