• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: SCO v JAP (Kingsholm) - Pool B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Meat and chopsticks for Russell.

5th try takes score to 45 after the conversion is good. SCO 45 JAP 10 with 5 to go.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Japan rewarded with a penalty after about 20 phases on the siren.

Kick or go for meat?

It is a quick tap, and the TMO comes into play. No try knocked on. Game over.

Fat Shiela singing. SCO 45 JAP 10.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Exactly what we needed. Good first 10 minutes or so, were a bit fortunate with the Mafi injury but we got that bonus point win and earned it.

Beat a winner, if we back up against the States we'll probably have 3rd under our belts, then we can hopefully look towards beating Saffas and/or the Samoans to grab a Quarter final.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Posession 60% for Japan
Territory 63% Japan
14 handling errors and 6 conseded turnovers for JPN, execution let them down on crucial moments and then their lungs&legs were worn out in the last 20 minutes and the score blows.

Kudos for Scotland on doing what SA couldn't as they hold their nerves, let Japan do the mistakes and capitalize on tiring legs

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
For mine the turning point was mafi injury.
I think so too. Was lucky for us, the pace and size combination, as well as clever lines was wreaking havoc.

We still had a lot of work to do to grab that, and I'm glad we did.

And that's another intercept try by a Scottish/Glaswegian Winger. It happens with such regularity now that it can't not be part of defensive instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.