• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC Final - New Zealand v South Africa 29/10/23, 0800 NZDT

Who wins & after how long?

• New Zealand

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • South Africa

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • 80 minutes

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Extra Time (2 x 10 minutes)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Sudden Death Extra Time (max. 10 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penalty Kick Shootout (max. five kickers per team)

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Kid: Pa wat is die kant lyn.
Dad: Dis waar Curry die final vandaan kyk.

Looking forward to the final. Pretty sure the Bokke will give it their best shot. Nerves is sky high.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
All Blacks: Beauden Barrett, Will Jordan, Rieko Ioane, Jordie Barrett, Mark Telea, Richie Mo’unga, Aaron Smith; Ardie Savea, Sam Cane (capt). Shannon Frizell, Scott Barrett, Brodie Retallick, Tyrel Lomax, Codie Taylor, Ethan de Groot. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei’aho, Tamaiti Williams, Nepo Laulala, Sam Whitelock, Dalton Papalii, Fin Christie, Damian McKenzie, Anton Lienert-Brown.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
n

no not at all. Libbok fail his test last saturday against England
Too many dimensions to his game.
All Blacks: Beauden Barrett, Will Jordan, Rieko Ioane, Jordie Barrett, Mark Telea, Richie Mo’unga, Aaron Smith; Ardie Savea, Sam Cane (capt). Shannon Frizell, Scott Barrett, Brodie Retallick, Tyrel Lomax, Codie Taylor, Ethan de Groot. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei’aho, Tamaiti Williams, Nepo Laulala, Sam Whitelock, Dalton Papalii, Fin Christie, Damian McKenzie, Anton Lienert-Brown.
So I guess A. Smith will be playing 80.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Too many dimensions to his game.

So I guess A. Smith will be playing 80.
Christie isn't that bad a player Derps. he will go ok when he comes on.. And that from me the Roigard cheerleader after seeing Roigard for 20 minutes preseason!
I reasonably happy with AB team named ,even if personally I would of had Coles on bench.

HogansHeros

Bob Loudon (25)
I wouldn't want to wish injury upon anyone but I really want to see this 7-1 bench come back to bite Sth Africa in the arse so we can see all the backrowers play in the backline and Cheslin at half back
Id love to see Kwagga burn Jordie in the backline

Tomthumb

John Solomon (38)
I wouldn't want to wish injury upon anyone but I really want to see this 7-1 bench come back to bite Sth Africa in the arse so we can see all the backrowers play in the backline and Cheslin at half back
Is this because you don’t like South Africa or don’t like a 7-1 bench split?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
SJK & Goldie have the brollies out side-line & doesn't look like bokke have made any last-minute change(s) to their bench so it'll be their up-front grind then kick/chase attack & rush defence then flood the breakdown game plan AB have hopefully been preparing for all week.

Edit: not sure where it came from (probably the same place as "RMo's injured") but during the week it was rumoured that bokke would change to a 5/3 bench on Matchday if conditions weren't as forecast.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^ sadly I think you're right. But as my dad used to say, "there's more than one way to skin a cat, son"...

LOL a Ben Stiller impersonator to get things going...

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Sam has that look on his face he had pre-QF. I'm hoping that's an omen!

Less Goh! (Pasifika Kiwi for "Let's Go!" since about the time of last year's Women's RWC).

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Didn't even know that was an offence tbh, not that I'm necessarily against it. Does anyone know what, if any, criteria there is for it becoming a red card?

A YC to Frizell inside three minutes could have a major impact.

I mean. If you have to cop one then it's the best time to do it tbh.