• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: FIJ v WAL (Millenium): POOL A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I damn sure hope Matthew Morgan goes good and for Tyler well, give it a go lad, you have nothing to lose.
Nice to have a couple of Morgans in the side. I along with Doug have concerned at the number of Davies and dearth of Thomas not to mention a collapse of Williams and jones

More seriously. We went into the last rwc with a bunch of unknowns and came fourth. Ok this wasn't planned but providing they survive intact I think the future is looking good. And the blend of youth and experience is good

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Nice to have a couple of Morgans in the side. I along with Doug have concerned at the number of Davies and dearth of Thomas not to mention a collapse of Williams and jones

More seriously. We went into the last rwc with a bunch of unknowns and came fourth. Ok this wasn't planned but providing they survive intact I think the future is looking good. And the blend of youth and experience is good
Now Wales has central contracts everyone is pulling in the same direction. Not sure what will happen in Orcland if they fail to make the QF. Fingers crossed we get to find out!!!!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hey armchair general!

Planned strikes by Cardiff bus drivers are set to go ahead while the city hosts two Rugby World Cup fixtures.

Unite members at Cardiff Bus suspended pay row strike action earlier this month after a revised deal was offered to the union, but it has now been rejected in a workplace ballot.

A 48-hour strike will begin on Thursday - the day Wales takes on Fiji

New Zealand v Georgia, at 20:00 on Friday, will also be affected.

The union, which has 540 members at the firm, initially rejected a 5% deal at the start of September but later suspended three days of planned industrial action after Cardiff Bus made what it called an "improved" offer.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Nipper is in, I think, because the think they can keep Fiji away from our 22 and they tend not to bomb. The plan will probably be to to grind them down then go for tries in the second half. Nipper can do Nipper stuff then and if he gets squished Hook will be on early. They can't risk Nipper, even on the bench v Oz.

Hope Tyler Morgan goes well too

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Tyler Morgan has the potential to be very good but he's awfully raw at the moment & didn't show up too much against Ireland in the warm up game.
I worry for Morgan at 15 - he could get smashed ! :)

G

galumay

Pity Wales has been decimated by injury and Fiji by the judiciary!

I suppose that it maybe gets them back to even stevens again though!!

Should be a good game, I suspect Fiji are capable of winning, and I wonder at what cost emotionally the victory over the Orcs came at for Wales?

There doesnt appear to be much of a gap between the two teams on recent performances (the upset against ENG aside.), so it could go either way.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Fiji: 15 Metuisela Talebula, 14 Timoci Nagusa, 13 Vereniki Goneva, 12 Lepani Botia, 11 Aseli Tikoirotuma, 10 Ben Volavola, 9 Nemia Kenatale, 8 Netani Talei, 7 Akapusi Qera (c), 6 Dominiko Waqaniburotu, 5 Leone Nakarawa, 4 Tevita Cavubati, 3 Manasa Saulo, 2 Sunia Koto, 1 Campese Maafu.
Replacements: 16 Viliame Veikoso, 17 Peni Ravia, 18 Leeroy Atalifo, 19 Nemia Soqeta, 20 Malakai Ravulo, 21 Henry Seniloli, 22 Joshua Matavesi, 23 Kini Murimurivalu.

I can't see Fiji winning this or getting a losing BP, but nor can I see Wales getting a four-try BP. Expecting them to play territory & take the three if/ when Fiji infringe. Maybe give it a rip in the last 20 if they're far enough in front but Wobblies couldn't score four, it took Poms the full 80 to do it, no way does Wales do it with the stitched-together & bugger-all prep-time backline they've been landed with.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tyler Morgan has the potential to be very good but he's awfully raw at the moment & didn't show up too much against Ireland in the warm up game.
I worry for Morgan at 15 - he could get smashed ! :)
But he's playing with the big bois now. And at least he'll get the ball out wide

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)

Show some respect, Cardiffblue, it's Mr Doug!!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Pity Wales has been decimated by injury and Fiji by the judiciary!

I suppose that it maybe gets them back to even stevens again though!!

Should be a good game, I suspect Fiji are capable of winning, and I wonder at what cost emotionally the victory over the Orcs came at for Wales?

There doesnt appear to be much of a gap between the two teams on recent performances (the upset against ENG aside.), so it could go either way.
Haha. Must've missed Fiji beating Ireland in Cardiff and in Dublin, France, South Africa, Scotland and now England.

Status
Not open for further replies.