• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Your box kick is only as good as your chasers. The NZ backs were brilliant in defusing what actually weren't bad kicks.

It's not that the box kicks were bad, it's more that Genia is infuriatingly slow at his wind up. So whenever the Blecks got wind of what was coming, they send back guys to act as shields against the runners. Very well thought out plan from the Cartel me thinks.

P

pete88

I think TPN needs to work on his actual hooking in scrums. Did we clear any of our own ball after he replaced Moore? His lineout throwing is now ok, as per usual after he's had a few hitouts, but we were getting fucked on the second shove, which shouldn't have mattered, the ball should have been outa there, and McCalman was having to reach in pretty deep to get it.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Looking forward to next week, don't know what they'll do about Warbs, he is the only out and out 7 we have, could send home but, I think they will play with what they have.

bobdog

Frank Nicholson (4)
Ok you blokes, I've seen and heard enough of you all. Your opinions are lame and forgiving to say the least. Call a spade a spade. Shit or get off the pot.
This game was an extension of the last weeks game with SA and the game against Ireland....a game devoid of inspiration, passion and purpose. What we have is a leaderless pack of half grown footballers running around with a ball tossed in the air by a half cut coach. For f*cks sake cant we get some serious head message into these blokes about what it means to PLAY for AUSTRALIA and get a coach that understands what the f*ck the ANZAC spirit is about! Get a coach that understands Test football and get a coach that is at that level of play. The Irish Aussie swap out at the 70th minute debacle is an indictment on Deans total inability at this level. For f*cks sake cant anyone see that!
And so on......

B

Blob

I think TPN needs to work on his actual hooking in scrums. Did we clear any of our own ball after he replaced Moore? His lineout throwing is now ok, as per usual after he's had a few hitouts, but we were getting fucked on the second shove, which shouldn't have mattered, the ball should have been outa there, and McCalman was having to reach in pretty deep to get it.

There was a good shot of the Aussie hand hooking it back.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Your box kick is only as good as your chasers. The NZ backs were brilliant in defusing what actually weren't bad kicks.

I think Jane and Dagg would have made Genia's box kicks look brilliant if they were chasing them in gold jerseys. Not that that was a reason to keep doing it, seeing they don't. And it's not just those two, ABs all over the place take them well. Great skill.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I'm pretty sure Dagg slid a foot in touch for the Nonu try also. Have a little look at that one for us again lol

No - Don't know if you were on Fox or Nine but that bozo Marto was adamant that "there was a foot in touch there". With the best of Foxtel IQ slowmo replays driven by Junior Jarse, we are of the considered opinion that Mr Joubert got it right. The pass was made to MaNa MaNa Do Do De Do Do before part of Sheeps Dagg crossed or touched the touch line.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Ok you blokes, I've seen and heard enough of you all. Your opinions are lame and forgiving to say the least. Call a spade a spade. Shit or get off the pot.
This game was an extension of the last weeks game with SA and the game against Ireland....a game devoid of inspiration, passion and purpose. What we have is a leaderless pack of half grown footballers running around with a ball tossed in the air by a half cut coach. For f*cks sake cant we get some serious head message into these blokes about what it means to PLAY for AUSTRALIA and get a coach that understands what the f*ck the ANZAC spirit is about! Get a coach that understands Test football and get a coach that is at that level of play. The Irish Aussie swap out at the 70th minute debacle is an indictment on Deans total inability at this level. For f*cks sake cant anyone see that!
And so on......

bob, I'm quoting just so people have to read it twice. You're onto it, brother.

P

pete88

There was a good shot of the Aussie hand hooking it back.

That's kind of my point, the Aussie hand (McCalman's) had to reach in way too far to get it. ALthough there was a point at which i thought he could have picked it and gone. Either way, our front row play aint good enough.

Country Kid

Chris McKivat (8)
Turning points..

Well a bit hard to call them turning points because the Wallabies rarely pressured the ABs.

1. The kick off - out on the full. In 1991 and 2003, the Wallabies applied great pressure on the ABs from the start of the game - but this time we were under intense pressure from the kick off and ultimately lead conceded the try.

2. Just before half time we had an attacking scrum - but poor ball stifled the ensuing play. Even if the Wallabies did not score then, they needed some positive play to take into the sheds - sadly it fizzled out.

3. Then just after half time we had the McCabe run and penalty. I've had no problem with McCabe at 12 but this time there was too much indecision: run? kick? pass?.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Looking forward to next week, don't know what they'll do about Warbs, he is the only out and out 7 we have, could send home but, I think they will play with what they have.

We are in the same position with Bam Bam. Our coach Dingo has been the subject of a certain amount of healthy and robust debate regarding that same squad makeup. If cement head Gatland (another coach from the land of Darkness) has done the same thing with the Davies-Jones-Williams's team, has there been a similar amount of robust and rigourous debate in your homeland regarding the consequences of a team with only one genuine #7 in the squad of 30?

bobdog

Frank Nicholson (4)
And to say a bit more.....what in the f*ck was the game plan? Where in the f*ck was the the biff and the 'get off my paddock' attitude in the forwards? Zip. Nil.Nothing.It was at best an, 'Ok, we are here but don't upset my sandwich tray type of presence"! Pathetic. Pocock had a good game and tried hard. Moore was respectable. Samo was under the coconut tree! Ran around and stood around. But the rest, forget about.
Re the backs.. there was no seeming intent on why and what they were there. Genia was abysmal. Mc Cabe did as much as he was asked. Digby looked for and ran for the win. Cooper has an exceptional talent but he badly needs a small comfort zone. The blokes in the front cant give it. Off to NRL for him.

The Beale magic factor may have done the trick tonight.
As for leadership...well Horwill may be good on the farm but a leader at this level need to have nouse and a fine pointed one at that. Has he?
Doesn't look good for Deans and for a few others.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Turning points..

Well a bit hard to call them turning points because the Wallabies rarely pressured the ABs.

1. The kick off - out on the full. In 1991 and 2003, the Wallabies applied great pressure on the ABs from the start of the game - but this time we were under intense pressure from the kick off and ultimately lead conceded the try.

2. Just before half time we had an attacking scrum - but poor ball stifled the ensuing play. Even if the Wallabies did not score then, they needed some positive play to take into the sheds - sadly it fizzled out.

3. Then just after half time we had the McCabe run and penalty. I've had no problem with McCabe at 12 but this time there was too much indecision: run? kick? pass?.

Point number 2 was the key moment. Despite Cooper's ineptitude, we score a try before half time and for all their dominance AB's would have gone into the sheds barely ahead and with doubt in their minds. Sadly, we fucked up.

Still had plenty of opportunity in 2nd 40 but failed to mount a serious challenge to their defense. Never looked like winning which is the saddest part of it all. We weren't even close tonight.

The lessons dealt out in the first Bledisloe were not taken on board by our players or coaching staff. That is what disappoints me more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.