• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay

Christ, is that the best we've got in response now, question the quality of NZ sportsmanship? Need i remind you of the taunt from the Aus captain "Four more years!" Did you cheer that?

Better to focus on Australia's shortcomings. I saw Pocock was quick to rub McCaw when he was penalized in the first half.

Contrats NZ. The vast majority of posters here are gracious and acknowledge your superiority.

To be fair, I think that bogan head pat/rub should be automatic penalty reversal. I hate that shit.

B

BRIX

Only team that deserves to win the Rugby World Cup is the All Blacks. It was written & only fair. End of.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
And the award for biggest post-game jerk goes to...

Alexander has been great all year, and he has one average game and AHA! I TOLD YOU ALL! I AM A GENIUS! ALEXANDER WAS SHIT ALL ALONG! ALL OF THOSE GOOD GAMES WERE JUST A RUSE!

Oh Whats that rule again on this forum. Give yourself a yellow fool.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Alexander wasn't bad in the scrum...

Operated better than his LH partners, and the overhead view showed Woodcock often boring in...

Australia need to learn how to get the ball out of the scrum when it's available...

C

chief

You know and full credit to the Wallabies too. They are going to be so good in 4 years time.

I mean Simmons. Pocock, Cooper, Genia, Slipper, Higginbotham, O'Connor. We had a very young team, and it will only get better with experience.

And you got blokes like Paul Alo-Emile and Morahan coming through. I really am still excited.

Next stop is the British and Irish Lions adventure, and with the amount of youth which has come out of Wales it should make for an interesting tour.

Chunderstruck

Alex Ross (28)
I strongly question the sentiment expressed here in a few posts that Aus didn't want it enough. We wanted it!

Agreed, it's not so much lack of want but there's just something missing, like focus or unity. In the Brisbane 3N I sensed we had that extra edge to our first few moves.

Well at least in this game, QC (Quade Cooper)'s kickoff didn't fill anyone with any confidence.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Thanks Potjiekos. Agree that anything could happen out there today.

With all due respect to the people of Christchurch, Chez Jarse is as jumpy as a Christchurch home owner today.

Regardless of who wins, Heaven's Game can not afford another slugfest like last night.

Can I publicly wish both teams, and supporters on both sides of the Dutch, all the best for today, and may the winner win with grace and humility, and the loser lose with pride and dignity.

Oh, and by the way, C'mon you bastard Wobbolies you need to take the game by the scruff of its neck and score more points than the NZRT.

We were done like tonight's Lamb Rotisserie. Can I implore Gaggerlanders to be better sports than the Darkness spectators tonight.

Win with Grace and Humility, Lose with Pride and Dignity.

As far as I know, every man in Gold tonight went out there and tried their guts out. None of them took the field thinking "let's see what I can do to stuff this up for my team". Every player there was out to be the best they could be. Unfortunately for some of them the best they had was not good enough.

Fecking infinitesimally better game than last night, even though we did not win and there was the same number of tries scored.

Good Luck Darkness for the fait accompli next week.

The chance of Festival Rugby in the Bronze Medal Play off has been dealt a cruel blow with the Breadman being sidelined for 3 weeks. Unfair. Haven't you punished the poor bastard enough already?

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Thats the truth of it. The one thing that sticks is the rubbing the hair, patting the head, the booing etc when we made mistakes. Very poor sportsmanship.

Not a fan of any of that stuff myself especially the head patting, but its a thing that all the 3Ns sides do (mostly to each other) and I've noticed it more and more this year.

Ecstatic about the forward performance, and the charge they took in the 2nd half in particular. It speaks volumes that Nonu and Smith hardly even touched the ball in the 2nd half in attack. We kept it tight and then it was more Cruden, Jane and Dagg making the play.

Franks, Read, Thorn, McCaw, Kaino were just awesome IMO

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Done fair and square. Onya kiwis, well played. Had a feeling in me water when QC (Quade Cooper) screwed the kickoff that it wouldn't be our night.

Didn't do ourselves any favours by kicking way too much as well.

Some iffy penalties, but no more than you would see in any S15 game. How good were the kiwi back 3 under the high ball - and how bad were we :(

Quality refereeing performance from Joubert on balance.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
You know and full credit to the Wallabies too. They are going to be so good in 4 years time.

I mean Simmons. Pocock, Cooper, Genia, Slipper, Higginbotham, O'Connor. We had a very young team, and it will only get better with experience.

And you got blokes like Paul Alo-Emile and Morahan coming through. I really am still excited.

Next stop is the British and Irish Lions adventure, and with the amount of youth which has come out of Wales it should make for an interesting tour.

Very good point Chief! Was this the youngest team in the Cup, alongside Wales? Not sure why dipping out of a World Cup in the semi's, to the World No. 1 ranked team no less, would be viewed as a failure.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Robbies Deans needs to let these boys play Rugby, and stop kicking.
would have like to see barnes Start outside cooper

B

Blob

Not a fan of any of that stuff myself especially the head patting, but its a thing that all the 3Ns sides do (mostly to each other) and I've noticed it more and more this year.

Meh, as you say all teams do it.

I love the way the ABs took Pocock out of the game and really got under his skin. The slap on Hore was laughable.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
It's tied with the idiotic "McCabe offers NOTHING" post a few pages back.

Unlike his centre partner he made his tackles

We were never going to win the world cup with mccabe in the starting team. Its not that he didn't try hard or do what was asked of him, he just wasn't good enough. It was evident to all and sundry against ireland, and again tonight when he neglected to throw that pass. It not his fault, he certainly puts his body on the line for his country and is probably a better rugby player than any of us ever were. But he is no nonu or tim horan, and thats what you need to be win bill. I dont know who else we could have picked that would have done a better job. Maybe we just dont have such a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.