• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Really, really, really don't like Simmons over Sharpe.

Otherwise, it's exactly what we expected, isn't it?

Carrying two hurt starting backs makes me nervous.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
I wish I knew how fit McCabe is. Also KB (Kurtley Beale) and Horne.

Sharpe is better at lineouts than Simmons, I would have Sharpe.

4/3 bench is fair given that our backs ( including Digby ) are a bit busted.

AB's have a 4/3 bench.

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

That's a brilliant bit of work 08umema.

Full marks, deserving of GPA 7!

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
What does Sharpe have to do to get a game? Really hope he manages to get 1 more for his ton.

No other surprises though and i think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the right choice at FB should Beale be ruled out. Will be very surprised if he does play.

Couldn't agree more. Why does Deans keep going back to Simmons when Sharpe is consistently good. He might not have GREAT games every outing, but he almost never has a bad one. He has the experience that we need to win these big games.

Also, what is Deans' hard-on for Rob Horne. Horne has had several goes at a Wallaby jumper and has failed every time either through an unimpressive game or getting injured ALL THE TIME. Ant or Barnes are the way to go.

Obviously Deans is a well respected coach, and has greater insight than me, but c'mon! He's stubbornly ignoring form and sticking with a player's potentional form, that in the case of Horne hasn't developed.

Finally while McCabe is generally a wall in defense, he offers a very predictable attack of just running and bashing his opposite number. Why isn't Barnes in when he can settle Quade and offer good defense and an extra element in attack!

08umema

That's a brilliant bit of work 08umema.

Full marks, deserving of GPA 7!

As I watched more I was trying not to laugh as I am surrounded by people and have my headphones in.

'When you wikipedia the word 'chokers' it says 'see us'.

haha classic!

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Dude, did you read the release? Horne is listed behind Ant Fainga'a and McCabe -- he'll only be selected if KB (Kurtley Beale) can't play and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has to move to 15, bringing Ant off the bench.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Also, what is Deans' hard-on for Rob Horne. Horne has had several goes at a Wallaby jumper and has failed every time either through an unimpressive game or getting injured ALL THE TIME. Ant or Barnes are the way to go.

Obviously Deans is a well respected coach, and has greater insight than me, but c'mon! He's stubbornly ignoring form and sticking with a player's potentional form, that in the case of Horne hasn't developed.

Finally while McCabe is generally a wall in defense, he offers a very predictable attack of just running and bashing his opposite number. Why isn't Barnes in when he can settle Quade and offer good defense and an extra element in attack!

Horne is only bracketed to play if Beale is out. Fainga'a and Barnes are both definitely in the 22.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Dropping Sharpie from his 100th Test is an absolute c#*t of a thing to do as far as I'm concerned.

I think he has performed better so far in the World Cup than Simmons and would have handled the big occasion pressure better too.

Robbie's "horses for courses" call is mind-boggling.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
I know Horne is in there only if KB (Kurtley Beale) is out, I was ranting about Horne in general :p
And I know it's a bit late to bring this up again, but Giteau should have been in the squad instead of Horne.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Dropping Sharpie from his 100th Test is an absolute c#*t of a thing to do as far as I'm concerned.

I think he has performed better so far in the World Cup than Simmons and would have handled the big occasion pressure better too.

Robbie does what he did before until it stops working. Simmons played against the ABs in Brisbane so he plays again on Sunday. It's a certain kind of logic, I'll grant him that. I guess the intervening 6 weeks in which Sharpe has played well and Simmons hasn't done much are irrelevant?

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sharpie Hard done by. Should be in starting lineup IMO. I would have put JOC (James O'Connor) back to full back and brought in Turner on wing. ALternative is Ashley Cooper to fulback and bring Horne in at outside centre. Having two non attacking centres is a concern. Fainga has consistently shown he has no skills. When he came on last week he missed a number of tackles - his main skill.

V

vikingbrad

Can't believe Deans is preferring Simmons on the bench over Sharpe. Simmons hasn't added anything from the bench.

Don't buy Dean 'horses for courses' with Simmons playing previous NZ tests. Need Sharpie's calming influence in final 20

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Rob Simmons has handled some big occaision moments this year already. The lack of Hodgeson on the bench is the concern.

It is what it is. Now it is time to get behind the boys.

GO WALLABIES.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I'd have had Sharpie starting this game. Deans must see something we don't but buggered if I know. Maybe Kev reckons lineouts will be stronger. Granted Simmons can be in your face, but damn surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.