• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - It only hurts when I laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wikman

Botha ankle injury more serious than suspected. I heard on fox sports instead of 1-3 weeks 3-5 week injury.

W

wikman

Peter de Villiers came off early against Wales, suspected rib injury

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It will be interesting to see what the Boks do if Matfield's hamstring injury was anything more than a twinge. If he is out for a week or two they could be forced to replace Botha. I doubt they can risk starting any games without a reserve lock if Matfield and Botha are both unavailable.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Since they won the game it won't matter so much for the next match v. Fiji or the one after v. Namibia. So long as Victor, Bakkies and JdV are fit for Samoa on Sep 30, everything will be fine. One the other hand if one of those players has to be replaced they should do it within a week.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It will be interesting to see what the Boks do if Matfield's hamstring injury was anything more than a twinge. If he is out for a week or two they could be forced to replace Botha. I doubt they can risk starting any games without a reserve lock if Matfield and Botha are both unavailable.

Alberts can cover.

They really should call up Mostert and send Bakkies home.

W

wikman

They should but as PDV isnt exactly the smartest coach ever i doubt that will happen.

V

vikingbrad

Should put Digby in here. Having operation on his fractured thumb today Tues 13th, will miss a few games.

What kind of operation do they do on a fracture? thought they'd just put it in a cast. Maybe they're bolting him together. With rebuilt Drew Mitchell we're going to have some cyborg wingers.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
They'll be pinning it back together.

I haven't read anywhere else but here that it is a scaphoid break? Has that actually been confirmed anywhere? I wouldn't normally describe a scaphoid as being anywhere near a broken thumb.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Should put Digby in here. Having operation on his fractured thumb today Tues 13th, will miss a few games.

What kind of operation do they do on a fracture? thought they'd just put it in a cast. Maybe they're bolting him together. With rebuilt Drew Mitchell we're going to have some cyborg wingers.

Great line. Almost LeeGrantesque.

W

wikman

Hopefully our cyborg wingers come in Terminator style to win us the cup.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Stephens is an excellent and a more flexible player if less powerful (incl scrummager). He may be better known for having been banned for the game for 2 years for cocaine use.

Behind him again, New Yorker Alex Corbisiero is a good, solid player.

England brought 5 props toi the dance and so may not elect to call up a prop immediately. Paul Doran-Jones will surely get the nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.