• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - It only hurts when I laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Honestly, I'll just do my fantasy picks for next week so we all know who will be injured in a weeks time. It worked this week. My backline is down to Genia, Beale, some fijian and M Steyn if he is picked.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Honestly, I'll just do my fantasy picks for next week so we all know who will be injured in a weeks time. It worked this week. My backline is down to Genia, Beale, some fijian and M Steyn if he is picked.

Please post early so I know who not to pick.

On the other hand, if Genia and Beale get injured you are going to be persona non grata around here for a long time! Pick more Kiwi's and Saffers please, plus Younggs at 9.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Preferred Injuries XV:

1. Sheridan - gone!
2. Bismark du Plessis - make sure the saffa's have to play smit
3. Owen Franks - too good to not be injured
4. Victor Matfield - injured already, needs aggravating
5. Courtney Lawes - it would make my day if he returned from suspension only to get injured in the warm up
6. Heinrich Brussouw - going to have to be hit by a truck caus not much else will stop him
7. Warburton - the welsh are fucked without him
8. Lewis Moody - finish him!
9. Youngs - as requested
10. Colin Slade - force the kiwi's to play carter injured and run everything at him
11. Chris Ashton - I don't care how it happens, hell I might just kneecap the bastard myself
12. Matt Giteau - make sure he doesn't return
13. Jacque Fourie - This Vince Noir lookalike has to go.
14. Shane Williams - just caus i'd like to see how the welsh get along without warburton and williams, double fisted.
15. Francois Steyn - was going to say Poo Dagg to force the kiwis to play old man mils but I'd rather see this dropkicking dropkick be dropkicked in the balls. Fact.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Preferred Injuries XV:

1. Sheridan - gone!
2. Bismark du Plessis - make sure the saffa's have to play smit
3. Owen Franks - too good to not be injured
4. Victor Matfield - injured already, needs aggravating
5. Courtney Lawes - it would make my day if he returned from suspension only to get injured in the warm up
6. Heinrich Brussouw - going to have to be hit by a truck caus not much else will stop him
7. Warburton - the welsh are fucked without him
8. Lewis Moody - finish him!
9. Youngs - as requested
10. Colin Slade - force the kiwi's to play carter injured and run everything at him
11. Chris Ashton - I don't care how it happens, hell I might just kneecap the bastard myself
12. Matt Giteau - make sure he doesn't return
13. Jacque Fourie - This Vince Noir lookalike has to go.
14. Shane Williams - just caus i'd like to see how the welsh get along without warburton and williams, double fisted.
15. Francois Steyn - was going to say Poo Dagg to force the kiwis to play old man mils but I'd rather see this dropkicking dropkick be dropkicked in the balls. Fact.

I enjoyed that more than i should have!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Ireland's reserve hooker Jerry Flannery, who was supposed to be on the bench against Oz has torn a calf muscle and will be replaced by Varley. This is a cruel blow for Flannery who had a long problem with a calf/nerve problem and has just come back from it. I'm guessing that the new injury is related to the old one.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
France's premier THP Nicolas Mas has injured his hamstring and is expected to be out for 2 weeks. He will therefore miss the big game against NZ next week.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
James Hook is probably out for the last two pool games and maybe a Q/F, if they qualify, with a shoulder injury.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Bloody hell. Just seen the Men In Gold Injury List on Foxtel. Shiraz affected but I think the list means we have these issues:
Bam Bam - Back
Diggers - Thumb
Horne - Fractured Cheek
A Finger - Concussion (ARU guidelines for senior players is a 2 game mandatory stand down isn't it?)
McCabe - Dislocated Shoulder
Palu - Hamstring
Gilbert - Groin
Schmoo - General Stiffness
Big Kev - Hammie
Higgers - Back

We need the depth of the Mariana Trench to carry these into the Knockout stage.

Add in what damage the Boris's will do to us, and things are not looking too good.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Bloody hell. Just seen the Men In Gold Injury List on Foxtel. Shiraz affected but I think the list means we have these issues:
Bam Bam - Back
Diggers - Thumb
Horne - Fractured Cheek
A Finger - Concussion (ARU guidelines for senior players is a 2 game mandatory stand down isn't it?)
McCabe - Dislocated Shoulder
Palu - Hamstring
Gilbert - Groin
Schmoo - General Stiffness
Big Kev - Hammie
Higgers - Back

We need the depth of the Mariana Trench to carry these into the Knockout stage.

Add in what damage the Boris's will do to us, and things are not looking too good.

More shiraz might help. I won't say it can't hurt, as it clearly can.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
A few injury scares for the ABs tonight. Dagg didn't finish the game. Jane dragged early because of a head knock, although he looked to have aggravated that hand.

Kahui and Thomo also hurt.

Read should be back though

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
As a somewhat officiando of knee injuries, I reckon Thomson has a grade 1 or 2 medial ligament tear. I think he'll almost certainly not be right for their last pool game but could be good for the quarters or semis.

It looked to be on the fairly minor end of medial ligament injuries.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Bakkies Botha's Achilles injury has flared up again and he will be replaced if he does not recover 100% this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.