• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
No. We have a thread elsewhere on that issue!

Nice thought though.

I knew there had to be a thread on that!

Just saw a couple of tweets, one was on how we need more AUS refs & quicker QTPE in the scrum - unsure if there will be any time to answer those though.

Horwill says bring back Rucking - best input from anyone so far this episode.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
My latest funny moment came when Kearns suggested that the Wallabies were hard done by, due to the scheduling issues vis a vis the test in Newcastle. Does he realise that in the World Cup last year the minnows had to backup within 3 days with 3rd world funding. Why am I still drawn to watching this trainwreck of a program?

ugh you're missing the point here entirely. It's not that the bodies were tired but the Wallabies had no preparation time.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
What did it say?

About how we need a 3rd Tier comp. I laughed because I was surprised to see her G&GR name on the screen. Nice to know I can still get excited over small things like that, it has been one of the highlights for mine this episode.:)

Reactions: gel

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Was about why is there no third tier rugby? IIRC

Edit: beat me to it AS. I too was chuffed to see a Gaggerlanders name up there on the big screen!

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
ugh you're missing the point here entirely. It's not that the bodies were tired but the Wallabies had no preparation time.

If the minnows cant back up, why could a province or a second tier nation deal with this lack of preparation? I haven't missed the point. He was suggesting that the Wallabies were hard done by, even though they have access to some of the best sports scientists in the world. When you have all the combinations in place surely you beat any team with the preparation of Samoa last year and Scotland this year.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Liked the format of the show tonight, but there was too much to cover in one show. Perhaps its was a test to see how the "on the Couch" (AFL program) would be recieved for rugby. I'd like them to have time to really discuss the issues in depth. A once a week show would allow that, nit a once a year program. Agree with other posters there were too many party lines for my liking and everyone was a bit too polite to ask challening questions. Nucifora was the only one who was critical of others, but no one had the balls to ask him about the RWC review! Interested to see if his mention of a national junior competition (my interpretation of his comments) eventuates.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If the minnows cant back up, why could a province or a second tier nation deal with this lack of preparation? I haven't missed the point. He was suggesting that the Wallabies were hard done by, even though they have access to some of the best sports scientists in the world. When you have all the combinations in place surely you beat any team with the preparation of Samoa last year and Scotland this year.

It was played on a Tuesday, that's 1 training run. The minnows in the WC had months of preparation with the team, they only had to deal with short turnarounds that affected physical performance, not saying it wasn't tough for them but it's not the same as what the Wallabies had to deal with.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I still not sure what people expect players to say. The team they play for is paying there wage. There is company line, honesty, both of those things together then stupidity. Stupidity seems to be what people want.

People seem to keep wanting what almost never happens. And when it does, the player gets vilified for not backing his team, etc.

Come off it. We should be better fans than that. It's coach and executives who should answer for their organization, not players.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I don see the problem with Jason Allen not being there. It isn't like the Tahs dodged it completely. Gaffney & Drew were there, after the forces CEO interview, I'm bit sure Jason would have actually had anything to ad anyway.

I liked the new format to. A general panel show on one night and a couch issues based show another would be great next year if it could happen.

W

Waylon

The agendas of Kearns and Martin and their egos have become too big

Time for some blood letting.

The show could do with a little more discussion of issues without state politicing and obvious biases

Some new blood is needed TRC 2013

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The agendas of Kearns and Martin and their egos have become too big

Time for some blood letting.

The show could do with a little more discussion of issues without state politicing and obvious biases

Some new blood is needed TRC 2013
it's meant to be entertainment.
Having said that I've given it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think they tried to do to much. If they had broken it into smaller bits over a few weeks it would have been great to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.