• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Could also be a victim of predictive text. You can get some doozy messages from predictive texting.

One of my favourites
article-2202466-14FD5A6C000005DC-433_306x396.jpg

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Braveheart81
my heartfelt and sincere apologies for the ERROR,ERROR and ERROR.

I have felt so guity.

I have been laid on the ground and had my back flailed with the RATTAN

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I also thought it interesting that both Horan and Dwyer said that Rugby is booming everywhere (maybe not here) and that it is ready to explode in popularity

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well yeah, how well do NRL and AFL rate in Argentina or South Africa?
or for that matter, Russia, Georgia ,Italy etc etc. I agree Brumby, not sure a lot of insular people relise the difference internationally with sports, one of reasons I think perhaps ARU should look to International companies for sponsorship.
And should also add how much I enjoyed show with Bob Dwyer on it speaking some real sense, don't normally watch it anymore, but had recorded it and with comments on here made sure I did see it.
Think Dwyers comments on basic skills of Genia were so good that it should be enshrined in all coaches handbooks!!!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I also thought it interesting that both Horan and Dwyer said that Rugby is booming everywhere (maybe not here) and that it is ready to explode in popularity

I tell you its Rio that's doing it.
I pay a little bit of attention to Rugby USA and the unis/colleges really seem to be ramping up interest in rugby.
This is a link to the various "schedules" in college rugby:
http://www.rugbymag.com/scores-and-standings/men-college-schedules-scores-standings.html

I'm not expressing any views about quality but these standings show depth and geographic breadth:
2013-2014 Men DI College Standings_Page_1.jpg

And then there's DII with 70 teams in 8 conferences.
And this is 15-a-side!!
This is a great story: http://d1arugby.com/conferences/mid...ood-university-steps-boldly-into-division-1-a

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Was intrigued by Bob's comments re No 12. Wants a big straight runner at 12 and suggested Kuridrani or Folau in the longer term. Also wanted Christian at 10.

I will get shouted down for this view, but Andrew Smith would make a ready made big straight runner for 12 and moreover he can and does set up his outside men with off loads. Hadn't really thought of him playing 12 before, but it might be worth a shot. He also has a very strong defence. Problem as I see it is that the Brumbies are unlikely to make that change with To'omua and Christian both available, and same goes for the Wallabies.

Ado Tornado

Allen Oxlade (6)
IMO there's two kinds of straight running 12's. There's the Pat McCabe style that just bashes and gets nowhere. Then there's the more creative types like Horan. I think Folau is the latter and any one of a number blokes would do a good job outside him. Kuridrani, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and possibly Smith.

Bob and Kafer also mentioned we lack ball carrying forwards who can bust a line. I for one couldn't agree more. So where are the Kefu's, Willie O's and Mark Loane hiding. Well I too will probably be shot down but I reckon there's any number of Mungo's we could snaffle.

Jarrod Waerea Hargreaves is a prime example. 6'4". 17 plus stone. Hard as nails, damaging runner. And a former Waratah academy player. Who let him go??? But you could add a Fifita, Cordner, etc Anyone would look good in a 6 or 8 gold jersey.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I tell you its Rio that's doing it.
I pay a little bit of attention to Rugby USA and the unis/colleges really seem to be ramping up interest in rugby.
This is a link to the various "schedules" in college rugby:
http://www.rugbymag.com/scores-and-standings/men-college-schedules-scores-standings.html

I'm not expressing any views about quality but these standings show depth and geographic breadth:
View attachment 4117

And then there's DII with 70 teams in 8 conferences.
And this is 15-a-side!!
This is a great story: http://d1arugby.com/conferences/mid...ood-university-steps-boldly-into-division-1-a

And there's actually a D3 Championship for smaller schools as well.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Listening to Link, isn't it nice for the coach to speak in plain English.

He just fills me with confidence. If a simple bloke like me can understands him, the players certainly can.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Listening to Link, isn't it nice for the coach to speak in plain English.

He just fills me with confidence. If a simple bloke like me can understands him, the players certainly can.
Gilliam and I just had the same conversation. I love the straight talk from the coach. Pass mark for the November tour? 6 from 6 and then why that's the mark.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Gilliam and I just had the same conversation. I love the straight talk from the coach. Pass mark for the November tour? 6 from 6 and then why that's the mark.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

I always thought Terry Gilliam was a closet Wallabies fan... All of those hidden references to Matt Giteau in 'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus' tipped me off.......

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Marto is pissed. Strangely he is easier to understand.

Probably because he keeps repeating everything he says.

Is there really a guy called Humphrey playing for Kenya Marto? You funny old fellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.