• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What, a sour-faced old bastard who hasn't cracked a smile in ten minutes?

Yeah, what an improvement.

well he can complete a sentence without pausing half way through and giving a stupid little nod.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

To be fair, I find both to be incredibly annoying to listen to for completely different reasons.

I don't think either of them give good interviews.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm going to go ahead and say both have good and bad days, Deans bad days just happen more often and are more noticeable.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
Graham Henry trained as a Teacher.

Dingo was a Farmer.

They present on TV as per these initial career choices as well.

A quote from the Australian in 2011.

" ... Deans revealed that he had passed up a career as a maths and economics teacher to work in food distribution businesses..."

He may have come from a farming family, but I don't think he ever was one. still, he is frustratingly inarticulate.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I wouldn't say Deans is inarticulate so much as ineloquent. It is obvious he applies a lot of self controls when he is feeling pressure. It isn't surprising he feels pressured when every answer and comment made has the potential to be twisted by media. It IS surprising he hasn't got better at managing it.

I would also imagine being under the spotlight when a former rival known and noted for his potshots is along for the ride is going to have you fearing the worst. Interestingly Henry was far more diplomatic than he might have been, almost disarming in admitting his errors in 2001. Still managed to be patronising, but was one of the two rugby brains in the room and I wish McCardle had given him more time to communicate his views as bluntly he was the only one saying anything stimulating.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
dear marto,
if there was ever a time to make outrageous statements which will lead to an article on foxsports which will be read by the lions players which will in turn create more disharmony within the lions squad- now is the time!
id suggest something that ties into what they are already thinking about the lack of scots and irish (the two teams to have beaten us recently) and how gatland has begun building for next years 6 nations by giving the welsh boys playing time together>
but be careful- its gotta create disharmony and not be used as motivation by the team to beat us

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I haven't watched last night's Rugby HQ yet but last week, there was a point where they were discussing the team and Marto made some comment about why would they bring George Smith into the squad if he wasn't going to be picked.

He then went on to say that Mowen should play 8 and Smith 6 and what does Palu add at the breakdown that Smith couldn't do.

Nathan Sharpe put him in his place so quickly. It was basically "you were a back Marto. You don't know what you're talking about."

Marto shut up about the issue quick smart after that.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This week's show with Scott Quinnell was very entertaining
When they brought up the photos of the Lions frolicking at the beach with the lingerie football team, he said, "I thought it was the backs who were wearing the bikinis!"

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Bit of PR for Quade on the show tonight. The cynic in me believes he was on there to boost a positive image of him in the lead up to the rugby championship (I.e. show the real Quade). Not a surprise but you'd expect him to be pick in tomorrow's squad.
He was well dressed spoke openly and well. Seems to have matured greatly in the last 12 months. Handled being excluded from the Wallabies Lions tour squad well. I hope he finds his mojo in Wallaby Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.