• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
So if Barnes always stands deep and doesn't organize runners effectively. It's a coaching failure and nit his fault. He delivered the game he plays, the team should have been coached around it.

T

TOCC

I think last week was a culmination of failures, Barnes standing deep was just one of our problems...

At the end of the day, the 5/8 can't play on the front foot unless the forwards are going forward

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Sorry was going to reply but still choking on my food after reading this.

;)

Do not judge the current batch of people who may work for newspapers with the honourable profession of Journalist. The majority of persons writing for newspapers are no more journalists than the bouncer at your local pub is an Infantry Officer.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
So if Barnes always stands deep and doesn't organize runners effectively. It's a coaching failure and nit his fault. He delivered the game he plays, the team should have been coached around it.
Shouldn't Barnes be looking to develop and improve his game? He has been around for some time now and what is most frustrating about him is I think he has never reached his full potential.

T

TOCC

Shouldn't Barnes be looking to develop and improve his game? He has been around for some time now and what is most frustrating about him is I think he has never reached his full potential.

By all accounts Barnes is an absolute professional, of course he is still trying to improve and develop his game

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)

If people refer to Barnes play using words such as "always" then not adapting to his style of play instead of hoping he provides something else is a system failure.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
I think last week was a culmination of failures, Barnes standing deep was just one of our problems.

At the end of the day, the 5/8 can't play on the front foot unless the forwards are going forward

Ever considered for a moment that a front foot No 10 playing flat might actually get his forwards going forward?

T

TOCC

Ever considered for a moment that a front foot No 10 playing flat might actually get his forwards going forward?

Like against Ireland in the RWC?

I understand what your saying, but if the wallaby forwards play like the powderpuffs they did last weekend, no 5/8 in the world could get them going forward...

Been physically bashed at the breakdown in both defence and attack is not the 5/8's fault

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The lack of options was glaring. The same went for the Tahs this year with his play. If its him not bossing people or coaches instructions needs to be addressed. It does make play one directional

The standing deep wouldnt help. Much easier to provide an option for a guy when you only have to run back 5m rather than 12m.

P

Paradox

So if Barnes always stands deep and doesn't organize runners effectively. It's a coaching failure and nit his fault.
Any player at any level could argue (badly) that coaching has failed to make them the complete player. It turns out some people are better than others at rugby. Some are more comfortable standing flat. Barnes isn't one of those.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Waratahs: Barnes at 10, attack hopeless.

Wallabies: Barnes at 10, attack hopeless.

Different coaches, some different players in the 22, same shit result. Conclusion I draw, Barnes is the common link and shouldn't be played at 10.

Behold

Bob McCowan (2)
Waratahs : Robinson at 1, attack hopeless
Wallabies: Robinson at 1, attack hopeless.

Can do it with every Waratahs player apart from AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) cause who knows what position he playing week to week.

Waratahs: Foley at 10, attack hopeless
Waratahs: Hangers at 10, attack hopeless

Says more about the Waratahs as a team not the individual.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
How do you coach a team around a players skill set? Which of the 15 players get the priority in whose skills decide the plan?

Surely you can only plan a game around what skills you have in your team.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Waratahs : Robinson at 1, attack hopeless
Wallabies: Robinson at 1, attack hopeless.

Can do it with every Waratahs player apart from AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) cause who knows what position he playing week to week.

Waratahs: Foley at 10, attack hopeless
Waratahs: Hangers at 10, attack hopeless

Says more about the Waratahs as a team not the individual.

If that is the case, all I can say is, thank god there are 4 Waratahs in the Wallaby backline. I am not anti Barnes, I am anti Barnes at 10, he is a solid number 12. The attack is directed from 10 and it is no surprise that with Waratahs at 10, 13, 14/15 (AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)), the Wallaby attack mirrored the Tahs. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the only Tah who 100% deserves to be in the Wallabies back line. Barnes and Harris are close matched pair in regards to 12.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
If that is the case, all I can say is, thank god there are 4 Waratahs in the Wallaby backline. I am not anti Barnes, I am anti Barnes at 10, he is a solid number 12. The attack is directed from 10 and it is no surprise that with Waratahs at 10, 13, 14/15 (AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)), the Wallaby attack mirrored the Tahs. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the only Tah who 100% deserves to be in the Wallabies back line. Barnes and Harris are close matched pair in regards to 12.

Except for the fact when compared to Harris, Barnes is a creative genius.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Harris doesn't need to be creative when playing outside of Cooper. I actually thought Harris had good games against the Waratahs and the sharks.
I think going forward, a 10,12,13 combination of Cooper, Tapaui and O'Connor could be highly successful.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
How do you coach a team around a players skill set? Which of the 15 players get the priority in whose skills decide the plan?

Surely you can only plan a game around what skills you have in your team.
If it was a one-off game and you had no time I'd agree but Deans has had over 4 years to determine a game plan, or series of game plans, and build towards it in player skill sets (quality) and depth of players (quantity).
Today, who could accurately define a Wallaby style of play from what we witness?

Status
Not open for further replies.